Where's my content.ie5 folder gone!!

G

If I use Explorer in tree view, under docs and settings/local settings I can see the Temp internet folder but not the content.ie5 sub folder or any other sub-sub-folders; however right clicking the Temp Int Folder and selecting properties shows 5 folders and large number of files as expected. Now the spooky bit, if I now log-on as another user I can see the normal tree structure withe content.ie5 etc etc.

This applies to all users on the system, you can't see your own content.ie5 folder but can see everyone elses. Note all user set as administrators.

A minor point I suppose but I use the thubnail view a lot on the downloaded files sub-folders but can't do this if I can't 'see' the folder.

Grateful for any suggestions.

FredC

T

Thorsten Matzner

fredc said:
If I use Explorer in tree view, under docs and settings/local settings I can see the Temp internet folder but not the content.ie5 sub folder or any other sub-sub-folders; however right clicking the Temp Int Folder and selecting properties shows 5 folders and large number of files as expected. Now the spooky bit, if I now log-on as another user I can see the normal tree structure withe content.ie5 etc etc.

From the current user account you cannot get a true view into the
local TIF folder. You need a third-party file manager for this like
the Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com/) or you have to log on to
another user account.

Ask a Question