    and loan weekly.
    --
    sarah

    Guest, Dec 13, 2005

  2. vastsarah wrote:

    > where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
    > credit cards and loan weekly.

    Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever included a
    spreadsheet program, nor any other significant appliacation program.

    If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with a
    spreadsheet, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
    package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
    but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP..

    You can Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office (which includes Esxcel), Microsoft
    Works, which includes a less capable spreadsheet, or any of several other
    third-party spreadsheet products. If your needs are modest, you might want
    to try the freeware OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Dec 13, 2005

    Larry Guest

    Larry, Dec 13, 2005

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Sarah.

    As Ken said, Windows itself does not include a spreadsheet of any kind. But
    my uncle's Dell came with Microsoft Works preinstalled - and that included a
    worksheet. Maybe yours did, too. But you didn't tell us the make and model
    of your computer - or anything else about it - so all we can do is guess.

    Wal*Mart sells Microsoft Works. I don't recall the price, but I'm sure it's
    under $50. The Works 8 includes several tools, such as a word processor, a
    PowerPoint viewer and a calendar, in addition to the spreadsheet. The Works
    Suite has more goodies for about $100. Have a look here for details:
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/default.mspx#

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Dec 13, 2005

    Vanguard Guest

    "vastsarah" <> wrote in message
    > where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit
    > cards
    > and loan weekly.
    > --
    > sarah

    Use tabs in Notepad. Well, you asked for simple.

    OpenOffice is free (openoffice.org).

    Vanguard, Dec 13, 2005

    thankyou,thankyou.
    i have windows works and couldnt change any of their spreadsheets to my needs.
    This site looks just what i wanted.
    --
    from
    sarah

    Guest, Dec 13, 2005
  7. Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
    > vastsarah wrote:
    >

    >>where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
    >>credit cards and loan weekly.

    > Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever included a
    > spreadsheet program, nor any other significant appliacation program.
    >
    > If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with a
    > spreadsheet, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
    > package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
    > but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP..
    >
    > You can Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office (which includes Esxcel), Microsoft
    > Works, which includes a less capable spreadsheet, or any of several other
    > third-party spreadsheet products. If your needs are modest, you might want
    > to try the freeware OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/

    Seriously, no silly flame war intended, but I object to the use of the
    word "modest". What can Excel do that Calc can't besides VB code,
    seamless Office integration (Actually, it does handle Microsoft
    documents surprisingly well), and Clippy animations?

    To the MVP I admit I should have left out the Clippy jab.

    To the original poster, http://www.openoffice.org , its an excellent
    piece of software and surprisingly free.

    Shawn Modersohn, Dec 13, 2005
  8. vastsarah wrote:
    > where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit cards
    > and loan weekly.

    That would depend entirely upon what specific of spreadsheet
    application you either ordered to be bundled along with the PC, or have
    subsequently purchased and installed. WinXP, as an operating system,
    naturally has no such capability.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Dec 15, 2005

    Uncle Joe Guest

    "Bruce Chambers" <3t> wrote in message news:...
    > vastsarah wrote:
    >> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit cards and loan weekly.

    > That would depend entirely upon what specific of spreadsheet application you either ordered to be bundled
    > along with the PC, or have subsequently purchased and installed. WinXP, as an operating system, naturally
    > has no such capability.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - RAH

    You could search for "free spreadsheets" on Google and retrieve tons of "hits",
    or you could buy Microsoft Works and get a good, solid spreadsheet. It's not
    Excel but it's dependable and functional. Or, for around $99 (some discounts
    may apply), you could buy Microsoft Works Suite and get the spreadsheet, MS
    Word 2002, and Microsoft Money (which would handle both your credit card
    and weekly loan data)...plus three other apps. You have many choices.

    Uncle Joe, Dec 15, 2005