Whats the best set of 2.1 Pc speakers

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi All

This is probably a question for Quad

My mum is looking for a Quality set of speakers for her Pc, at the moment she has a set of Creative I-Trigue 3400 2.1 which we got her about 3 months ago and although they are loud and look absolutely stunning, she thinks that the quality could be better.

So i have recommended a set of Logitech speakers, but said i will consult you first before we commit to buy, she has around £125 max to spend so are there any real class 2.1 systems out there...

Awaiting your answer...:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If it was for yourself I would not bother about looks but go for the best quality of sound, but since it is for a lady, the looks are also important. I would look no further than Logitech or Altec Lansing as I have tested enough of them comparing with other popular brands and have always found them to be having an edge, in sound quality that is. On paper their power rating can be deceiving (looks under powered in comparision to other brands) but when you hear the quality, you actually will not worry about quantity.

Look for something in the price range and let her select from a short list.

We must make sure she is happy with the purchase not just sound wise but looks wise as well :)

If you need further assistance from me, post it here and I will gladly oblige. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Logitech Z-2300 THX 2.1 @ around £96.00 or Logitech Z-3e 2.1 @ around £55.00 would be my choice.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quad and Flopp's

Went with mum today to look for a new desk and we just so happened to see some speaker systems whilst there...
At which point we ended up going over and taking a mosey...After looking at various sets ie Harmon Kardon, Logitech, Creative, and many others she decided on the 200watts RMS of pulsating Power which would be eminating from a set of 2.1 Logitech THX Z2300's...COSTING £129.99...I know i know she could of got them cheaper but when my mum wants something she wants it yesterday, so we packed a set of those on the trolley and a nice new workstation costing £99.99..

Got home and she wanted me to set them up for her which i did and to test these Babys out, I put Lord of the rings the Two Towers into the DVD drive and proceeded to load the battle of Helms Deep..

Well the Bass on this Subwoofer is absolutely frightening it even has a dirty great aluminium Heatsink on the back of it...which shocked me...:eek:

And the sheer volume and level of boom was ear splitting, frightened the hell out of my mum, with the look on her face i thought she was going to ask me to take them back and swap for a less violent set...:D

But after hearing this and various favourite tracks of hers, she is very Impressed with the level of sound quality and power....And she thanks both of you for your help in scaling down her choices....

I on the other hand will not be thanking you, as i now am a very jealous son who has a mother of 67 with a better sound system than me...and have asked her to throw them my way if she gets fed up with them..;)

But on a lighter note... I wouldn't want to be her neighbours.....:p

CHEERS ALL....

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gald to know the purchase made your Mom happy. I can understand your predicament her having a better system than yours :D I bet she is happier know that she has a better system than yours , no? :d

We are always happy to assist here and you are more than welcome anytime.

Ask a Question