What's the best RPG you have played???

Kye

Reaction score
baldurs gate 2 shadow of amn. its too big too explain why its so good :D

mind you, i have not played planetscape torment, which is suppose too be an amazing RPG.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Probably FFVII(PS1), though I also loved Grandia 2 (Dreamcast), FFX (PS2) and Dark Chronicals (PS2).

Not really found any PC RPGS i like yet, though Dungeon Siege is alright.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
im not much of a RPG kinda guy, not my cup of tea really. Although i like Fire Emblem on the GBA which is actually a Strategy RPG.

Reaction score
Still playing Dark Age of Camelot more than I should be, and if some of you are old enough to remember Dungeon Master on the Amiga/Atart ST , now there was a game !!!!

Reaction score
not much RPG's on the PC's anyway... best RPG i had played is Morrowind Elder Scrolls 3. its not actually RPG coz its first person but i like the open ended part of the ending...
most RPG's iplayed are on consoles.
remember FF1-4 on the NES.
some side scrollers too. SEGA's shadowrun abd beast?/? i forgot the title...
on the PC Baldurs gate shadows of amn,icewind dale,neverwinter.

anyone here still remembers everquest.....???

Reaction score
Just completed Fable on Xbox, great action RPG, i was very very absorbed, though it only took 19 hours to complete doing all the sidequests and anything else i could find to do(maxed all stats and got the spells i wanted). Plenty of good/evil decisions which affect your appearence in an impressive way, horns or a halo etc.

I also loved KOTOR, fun to play and had enough replayability for me to play through a couple more times, got to love being dark side.

Morrowind was good, but on Xbox the load times were terrible and the draw distance ruined the scale of the world.

Beyond Good and Evil was surprisingly good, i completed it in a day, but it was a happy day.(more of an adventure game than an RPG)

Played doac for ages(about 3 years), stopped recently though, toa scroll farming killed it for me. Got chars on alb/pry and hib/excal.

Cant decide which is best.

Reaction score
i almost forgot...

the best RPG/strategy i played on PC is the fallout serires (fallout1,fallout2,fallout tactics)..
there are rumors of a fallout 3 but interplay will not be handling development of this next addition to this series.

anyone got news about this please post the link here. thanks.

Reaction score
It has to be FFVII, the most absorbing game I've ever played bar none. And I've been playing all types for a long time.

Reaction score
morrowind was by far the best game ever. All types included. Elder Scrolls4 is on the way, although it will be a while yet

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Anybody here played Spellforce? This one Here

I was thinking of giving it a go, have heard good reports. Can anybody offer any opinions?

Kye

Reaction score
spellforce is ok. but, not as good as some reviews might put out. its the kinda game which if it was more fine-tuned then it would of been great. dungeon siege is alot better, even though i hate that game :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Dungeon Siege 2 is supposed to be out before christmas, but i reckon we'll see it Q2 2005. From the video i seen it looks alot more polished and alot more fun to be honest. The graphics looked beautiful, vibrant colours and some nice flame, lightning effects.

Definatly one to look out for Flopps ;).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Dungeon Siege 2 is supposed to be out before christmas, but i reckon we'll see it Q2 2005. From the video i seen it looks alot more polished and alot more fun to be honest. The graphics looked beautiful, vibrant colours and some nice flame, lightning effects.

Definatly one to look out for Flopps ;).
Well, I bought the Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna which had the original Dungeon Siege with it, and I'm still playing the original, thought I best play through that first.

It's not one I play that often, have to admit, my addiction is fps's.

So, looks like I still have hours & hours left playing that one.

I read the review at PC Zone magazine's site of Spellforce and it said it wasn't too challenging and the interface was a bit quirky. Dunno. Still undecided.

Reaction score
Well I've played a few great RPG's before I even had my first PC including Stormbringer and the original Dungeons and Dragons, but I don't suppose you mean that :rolleyes:

As for PC based games loved some of the old, Phelon you took me back when you mentioned Dungeon Master what a game that was :thumb:

Recently though apart from E.V.E Online, I've played Never Winter Nights and Dungeon Siege.

After reading this post back I'm starting to think I have some morbid fasination with Dungeons:eek:

Reaction score
gotta be the older snes ones.

FFVI and chronotrigger existed on a level that few RPGs have even approached. I would put FFVII at a distant third behind these two.

Reaction score
fbs edit: Crap game

Is the only RPG worth playing, it last for years! And has deeper role play thank any Final Fantasy or some other wanna be RPG. I play this game for... a year i think and i have uncovered about JUST 30% of it.

how cool is that?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
sirkamil1986 said:
fbs edit: Crap game

Is the only RPG worth playing, it last for years! And has deeper role play thank any Final Fantasy or some other wanna be RPG. I play this game for... a year i think and i have uncovered about JUST 30% of it.

how cool is that?

Not very cool at all.

Goodbye :)

Ask a Question