What would you buy?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
What new tech would you buy if you had £500 to spend? Let's imagine that the £500 has come to you out of the blue (found on the street, genie in a lamp, etc) so you feel no guilt in spending it frivolously :D

If it was me, I'd get a projector. It's a complete luxury and not necessary at all given that we can just watch films on TV. But how amazing would it be to have your own big screen at home?!

So here's my choice - the Optoma HD65 DLP Projector. I'd need a screen to go with it, and this one fits the bill: Duronic EPS92/169 HD Projector Screen. And with the left over cash, I'd get one of these! Popcorn maker

So over to you - what new tech would you buy?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
LED TV - nice choice! :D And I had no idea you could get a Sony BluRay player for under £100! Bargain!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Ohhh... I like that... a lot :drool:

If that is under £500 then that would have to be my choice!

Failing that, I'd probably go for a 240GB SSD, 12GB Ram and a nice new CPU!

I actually just sent them a request for a quote. Let's see what they come back with. If it's close to $500, I may just get one. If it works with my Android, even better. TBH, if it doesn't work with my Android, I may not get it. Unless I can write something for it. Now I am really curious.

*Edit: Super-extra bonus, I can program it to follow me while surfing. **** just got real. :cool:

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Some great ideas here :D

I particularly like the Draganfly! Silverhazesurfer - if you get one and take videos we definitely want to see them!!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I particularly like the Draganfly! Silverhazesurfer - if you get one and take videos we definitely want to see them!!

Sorry to disappoint you, Becky. I just got a return for the price sheets on them. "WOW" is all I have to say. I attached the PDF data sheets so everyone can see.

As of 21.2.2012

edit: i have to post them somewhere else and link. will do asap. just to give you the shock of your life, the X4 is $5k, the X6 is $16k, X8 is $25k-$30k

Last edited:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
here are the data sheets on the DraganFly. Three models. X4, X6, and X8 with 4, 6, and 8 rotors respectively. I hope they came out alright. I'm really bad at this right now. Enjoy.

:D

Attachments

• X4.PNG
    X4.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 103
  • X6.PNG
    X6.PNG
    107.4 KB · Views: 139
  • X8.PNG
    X8.PNG
    105.5 KB · Views: 123

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!:eek: that is too pricey! I was under the impression you were going to go for it.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Even at $1,000 I would have. But wow. I think for the money I planned to spend, I'll just build my own. I can work with fiberglass to build something.

Ask a Question