What the heck is this, anyone knows?

Insight

----- Original Message -----
From: MS Corporation Customer Services
To: MS Corporation Consumer
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 1:19 AM
Subject: Internet Pack

ALERT!!!
This e-mail in its original form contained one or more attached files that
were infected with a virus or worm, or contained another type of security
threat.

The following attachments were infected and have been repaired:
No attachments are in this category.

The following attachments were deleted due to an inability to clean them:
1. Upgrade.exe: W32.Swen.A@mm

The Following attachments were not delivered due to inbound mail policy
violations:
No attachments are in this category.

Road Runner does not contact the sender of the infected attachment(s) in
the event that they were not actually sent from the indicated party.

Please contact the sender directly to alert them of their issue with
infected files if you wish to do so.

For more information on Road Runner's virus filtering initiative, visit
our Help & Member Services pages at http://help.rr.com, or the virus
filtering information page directly at http://help.rr.com/faqs/e_mgsp.html.

------------ Original message text follows ------------

Microsoft All Products | Support | Search | Microsoft.com
Guide
Microsoft Home

Microsoft Consumer

this is the latest version of security update, the "January 2004,
Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities
affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as
three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your
computer from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could allow
an attacker to run executable on your computer. This update includes the
functionality of all previously released patches.

System requirements Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP
This update applies to MS Internet Explorer, version 4.01 and
later
MS Outlook, version 8.00 and later
MS Outlook Express, version 4.01 and later
Recommendation Customers should install the patch at the earliest
opportunity.
How to install Run attached file. Choose Yes on displayed dialog
box.
How to use You don't need to do anything after installing this
item.

Microsoft Product Support Services and Knowledge Base articles can
be found on the Microsoft Technical Support web site. For security-related
information about Microsoft products, please visit the Microsoft Security
Advisor web site, or Contact Us.

Thank you for using Microsoft products.

Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from an unmonitored
e-mail address and we are unable to respond to any replies.

The names of the actual companies and products mentioned herein are
the trademarks of their respective owners.

Contact Us | Legal | TRUSTe
©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use |
Privacy Statement | Accessibility

Your e-mail server package correctly identified a mail
with a virus attached and deleted the attachment

This was an attempt to get the user to run
the "Update.exe" attachment which installed the swen virus

Carey Frisch [MVP]

You are receiving bogus email messages from a devious imposter!
Microsoft never sends updates patches via email!

How to Tell If a Microsoft Security-Related Message Is Genuine
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp

How to Trim the "Spam" from Your E-Mail Diet
http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spam.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

Ramesh [MVP]

Virus attachment claims to contain software updates from Microsoft
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/VirusAlert.htm

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Prevent Spyware from being installed:

Prevent malware from being installed - Part 2:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/MalwareDefence_Example.htm