What PC Case Do You Own ???

Reaction score
At the moment i own a Silverline Desktop Midi case which can be seen at www.aria.co.uk ok it's cheap but it's one of the best cases i've owned. During owning it i've stripped it to the bare bones, dremelled out the fan grills to allow better airflow, and i also cut a hole in the side panel to put a 80mm fan to cool down the graphics card a bit more.

But now that time has moved on, black is the new biege and i've got my on a new case, namely the Coolermaster Centurion 5 in black and silver. I've got a black monitor, keyboard speakers etc etc and this would match perfectly, aswell as being asthetically pleasing to the eye, it has a usb/audio front panel which i've been after and the 120mm rear exhaust fan seems a great idea to.

Does anyone else own this case, or could anyone recommend it to me ? I know there's better cases out there but for under £50 i think it's one of the best. Thank god it's payday on thursday.

Kye

Reaction score
currently i have this case http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/jnz751a

but without the front casing, since its that that makes the PC go iffy ( sounds strange, but trust me! its the front casing )

i have a CoolerMaster Centurion 2 coming tomorrow, but i doubt i will change over case intil i improve the airflow with the Centurion ( i went against my golden rule, and it has 2 80mm fans :( but have a 80mm - 120mm fan thingy )

the jeantech case is real simple, and...HUGE! alota space, cheap, and comes with front 80mm and rear 120mm. i like it, its real simple like.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I Have two of These

And one of These

And a generic no name cheapie in black.

That Centurion looks like a good buy for £41.13 :)

Reaction score
Yeah i was thinking that when i saw it, but i didn't want to offend the good fellow and say something.

Reaction score
I fancied a Chieftec Dragon, especially in black, but trying to find any chieftec cases at the moment is rare, apart from colours like purple, not that there's anything wrong with purple mind :p My creative pc urges are swinging towards the coolermaster so i'll have to see how long i can resist :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I see Floppies Antec is a rebadged ... :p
wot, you mean a re-badged Chieftec? so what? :p

I bought that case around September 2000 I think, original 300W PSU actually died a couple of weeks ago :(

At the time, I didn't realise Chieftec made Antec cases. They're good though, whatever badge you have on them :)

Reaction score
I got a chieftec full tower in silver. Got it from ebuyer for £22. :) Price has gone up to about £40. BARGAIN!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
btw, I looked at Chris's link and noticed the Antec Sonata Case is selling this week for £76.38 inc VAT. That's not a lot more than the cost of the Antec 380W PSU that comes with it - a bargain, I reckon.

Sweet looking case as well :)

Kye

Reaction score
i cant remember why i didnt buy that antec sonata, but it was for a good reason :confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kye said:
i cant remember why i didnt buy that antec sonata, but it was for a good reason :confused:
It's not the best case in the world for cooling, so no good for extreme overclockers.

2 x 120mm fans, one at front, one at rear (you get 1 with the case, you have to buy a second if you want one), so it runs very quiet. It's built for quietness.

One side of the case doesn't come off, you take out a tray to mount the motherboard, then slide it back in and secure it.

The hard disks mount 'sideways'.

Any of those ring a bell?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I got a Dell Dimension 4600 case, very nice looking, good quality design, no vibrating parts like cases ive had in the past.

Reaction score
I would have thought Antec make the cheiftec cases, not the other way round.

maybe its just because Antec seem to be a better known company...

Darn, you can get cheiftec cases half the price of the antec ones...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Raidmax Scorpio case, forgot which model... its blue too.

Ask a Question