What MP3 player do you have?

Reaction score
There seems to have been an awful lot of fuss about the IPod in the past couple of years. In fact, as far as alot of your average Radio 2 listening, Daily Mail reading, joe-publicly types go (ahem), an MP3 player IS an Ipod. They're certainly fashionable... Ubiquitous, even... but do you think they are actually any GOOD?

Personally, I prefer functionality and sound quality over smallness and fashionability - so I've got an iRiver H340. It's robust, it plays AVI movies, it has built in SRS and TrueBass, it can display pics, has a built in EQ and operating system-style interface... and I'm generally very happy with it. SRS with Etymotic ER-6 earphones is *lush*.

But what do YOU have? Huh?

In Korea alone, there seems to be a billion different MP3 player manufacturers - so it'd be nice to know which ones you think are good. Detail any decent headphones you own as well, if you like.

;)

Reaction score
tomsega said:
There seems to have been an awful lot of fuss about the IPod in the past couple of years. In fact, as far as alot of your average Radio 2 listening, Daily Mail reading, joe-publicly types go (ahem), an MP3 player IS an Ipod. They're certainly fashionable... Ubiquitous, even... but do you think they are actually any GOOD?

Personally, I prefer functionality and sound quality over smallness and fashionability - so I've got an iRiver H340. It's robust, it plays AVI movies, it has built in SRS and TrueBass, it can display pics, has a built in EQ and operating system-style interface... and I'm generally very happy with it. SRS with Etymotic ER-6 earphones is *lush*.

But what do YOU have? Huh?

In Korea alone, there seems to be a billion different MP3 player manufacturers - so it'd be nice to know which ones you think are good. Detail any decent headphones you own as well, if you like.

;)

zen micro and sony fontopia headphones

Reaction score
i dont have one, depending on budget i'd get cheap one off eBay or a Creative Zen (Insert best model here)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i have an ipod video and the sony fontopia headphones. It sounds great and i used to have a zen micro and the ipon navigation (click wheel) is soo much better than the zens touch stick(that thing drove me mad) I like th eipod but there are things that i dont like about it like you practically HAVE to use itunes to put music on it ITUNES is a pain in the arse when it comes to deleting some music off the damn thing and sometimes the os on the thing freezes up and you have to restart it :( but overall like it more than the zen micro and more than my previous dell digital jukebox

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I personally do not have one but my son has the iPod Shuffle and for the headphones he keeps borrowing my wifes which is the Sennheiser PX200 which makes for a great combo :thumb:

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
I personally do not have one but my son has the iPod Shuffle and for the headphones he keeps borrowing my wifes which is the Sennheiser PX200 which makes for a great combo :thumb:

my zens going back broken :mad:

probably replace it with a ipod nano

Reaction score
safcfan4eva said:
my zens going back broken :mad:

probably replace it with a ipod nano

I'm actually on my third MP3 player now. None have ever lasted more than 18 months!!

So I hope this one does..

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Quadophile said:

i also have a pair of those headphones they sound great:thumb: only prob is they are a bit cluncky to carry round in a pocket all day

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
i also have a pair of those headphones they sound great only prob is they are a bit cluncky to carry round in a pocket all day
#

ipod nano in a leather case = screen protector gives great sound quality + small size with nice colour screen
icon14.gif

Reaction score
tomsega said:
I'm actually on my third MP3 player now. None have ever lasted more than 18 months!!

So I hope this one does..

i originally got a ipod mini that broke then swapped for zen micro then swapped again for nano ;)

Reaction score
Mp3

Whats better a MP3 player or MP3 Phone?

May get both but thought getting a Phone/MP3 Player would be easier, any good ones or ones to avoid?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i got the Zen Micro and Sony Fontopias too, A great combination! :)

Feckit, I got a Nokia N70 and its good but not as good as a 'real MP3 Player'

Although the Sony Ericsson W550i is supposed to be good. :thumb:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Whats better a MP3 player or MP3 Phone?

May get both but thought getting a Phone/MP3 Player would be easier, any good ones or ones to avoid?

I think it depends how seriously you take your music. Personally, I have over 600 albums, and I shudder at low sound quality. I also really need at least 8 hours battery life, and an EQ to fiddle with. The internal mic and line-out on my mp3 player also allow me to record my guitar, and record gigs if I like.

Most of those things won't be available to you if you get an MP3 player phone. But still - if you only need some quick music to ease the strain of a 15 minute bus journey, then maybe it'll be worth getting an MP3 phone.

I'd really recommend a decent hard drive MP3 player, though. An MP3 player and a broadband connection can really enrich someones life. I've amassed such a huge collection of various artists and bands, from various decades - and centuries, even. You can be listening to Joy Division one minute, then Chopin the next, followed by the Beach Boys, with some Aphex Twin later, and a bit of The Specials after that.... I wouldn't be listening to any of this music if I had a device that could only play one poxy Coldplay album.

A decent MP3 player can turn you into a music guru, basically. Your own personal John Peel. All that crap about MP3's destroying the music industry is made purely by the people that are in it for the money. Other than that, an MP3 player can take you to so many different places.

Perhaps I'm overstating it a touch - most people listen to pretty dumb music anyway - but if your prepared to search for bands and read lots of reviews then download them, MP3 players are f*cking great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a Technika 256MB one, it was £9.99 in tesco at xmas, i only use it on the train once a week for a few hours but it's great, and doubles as a memory stick :D If i was using it all the time i'd have a better one, but this one more than serves it's purpose

Reaction score
spongmonkey said:
I have a Technika 256MB one, it was £9.99 in tesco at xmas, i only use it on the train once a week for a few hours but it's great, and doubles as a memory stick :D If i was using it all the time i'd have a better one, but this one more than serves it's purpose

i have a 128mb one with no screen not same model o.k

walkman phones are supposed to be good :thumb:

i would reccomend a ipod or a zen to anyone who likes a lot of music

also

fontopia headphones are great with any mp3 player the difference between ipod originals and them are amazing

Ask a Question