    top. what is the best way to save this so that the
    speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
    to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

    slideshow1, Mar 24, 2004

  2. Both a .pps and .ppt need PowerPoint to be installed or use the viewer
    application. The difference is that a .pps when launched opens in show-mode
    and a .ppt opens in edit-mode. Really no difference when in regards to using
    a projector.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Troy Chollar

    Troy @ TLC Creative, Mar 24, 2004

  3. also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.

    christinaworks

    christinaworks, Mar 24, 2004
  4. slideshow1

    IBPete Guest

    hmmmm... are you sure?
    change pps extension to ppt and then open the file

    IBPete, Mar 24, 2004
  5. slideshow1

    Bill Foley Guest

    Sure you can! All you have to do is to open PowerPoint, do a "File",
    "Open", browse to the PPS file, select it, and you can change whatever you
    want.

    --
    Bill Foley, Microsoft MVP (PowerPoint)
    www.pttinc.com

    Bill Foley, Mar 24, 2004
  6. In article <#vk$>, Christinaworks wrote:
    > also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.

    Care to place a small wager on that?

    Or a very very large one?

    Hint: I'm not a gambler. I only bet on sure things, and sure as you're born,
    editing a PPS is easy as can be. ;-)

    Start PPT, choose File, Open, browse to your PPS and you're editing.

    Steve Rindsberg, Mar 25, 2004
  7. slideshow1

    slideshow1 Guest

    Thank you all, and especially the inter banter vis a vis
    editing. I learned a great deal and the biggest thing is
    the opening of the show in front of people. I have always
    hated getting up and starting a presentation from the edit
    mode and just never knew how to get around it. Now I know
    thanks to all of you. Editing for me is not a problem at
    this stage of my presentation life but thanks for all the
    hints.

    slideshow1, Mar 25, 2004
  8. slideshow1

    Bill Foley Guest

    You're more than welcome. By the way, another hint...

    Open your presentation in Slide Show mode and press the F1 key. You will
    get as great deal of helpful key combinations that will assist you in
    mastering your presentation.

    Bill Foley, Mar 26, 2004