what is better, premium, or deluxe asus?

Reaction score
hey im getting that new motherboard but i odnt know if i should get the asus sli premium. or if i should get the deluxe
someone plz respond asap b/c i am ordering it now/ very soon

Reaction score
9 have the deluxe works frine with me but the deluxe that i have had a chipset problem check into that dunno if premium has the problem but good mobo

Reaction score
k thx. ive read a lot of threads involving this chipset problem, i also read one with some fan getting noisy or something.
so im going to go ahead and get the premium to save me hassles thx csunited!

Reaction score
well the premium is better ... they told me to get one so i did lol .. it has a heatpipe instead of a fan so you can overclocjk it better ... check it out on www.tomshardware.com :)

and tell me whats better ;):D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think you need an add on card, it hasn't been mentioned in any of the reviews i've read

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
on my ASUS board there is a connector below the PCI slots for an add on card from them so its probably the same on their other highend boards

Reaction score
o sweet, i have a linksis wireless router and if i use this board as wireless will it still go as fast as the gigabit ethernet port? as for gaming?

Reaction score
found this on a review of a standard a8n-sli board -

"However, unlike other ASUS motherboards that bear the "Deluxe" label, the A8N-SLI Deluxe lacks 802.11g wireless networking. But having dual gigabit Ethernet makes up for that."

Presumeably then deluxe and premium support 802.11g wireless networking

I think 802.11g wireless runs at 108 MB/s, whereas Gigabit ethernet has a peak of 1GB/s, but remeber wireless has no wires which is nice...

Reaction score
basically if you don't mind having wires, use gigabit ethernet

fast as the new wireless stuff is, gigabit is much faster

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
basically if you don't mind having wires, use gigabit ethernet

fast as the new wireless stuff is, gigabit is much faster
Yup ... no 'problems' with wired. ;)

Reaction score
good

i guess wireless is more useful if oyu need to split your internet connection through different rooms in the house - and with all the new consoles, psp and all that i think more people will be wanting the relative simplicity and freedom of wireless

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wireless aint 'simple' when it don't work ... wired, in conjunction with a Router, has very few 'problems' that are easily worked out.

;)

Reaction score
lol - i wouldnt know i don't have it

i just meant simple as in there are no restrictions (well so long as your in your house :p)

but what do i know im just an idiot with a bad haircut

Ask a Question