What have we here? What have we there?

Susan Bugher

Program: InventoryBuilder
Company: InventoryBuilder.com
http://www.inventorybuilder.com/

http://www.inventorybuilder.com/features.htm
the feature comparison chart - says these 3 items are disabled in the
free version:

1. Print flexible reports
2. Reports can be exported as portable document file (PDF) files for use
with Adobe Acrobat Reader,
3. Store unlimited images

I couldn't find any version info on the site but they link to this page
on Download.com:

http://www.download.com/InventoryBuilder/3000-2131-10382125.html

<selected quotes>
InventoryBuilder 1.0.0.9
Publisher inventorybuilder.com
File size 6.22MB
Date added July 20, 2005
License Free to try; $42.50 to buy Buy now...
Limitations Some features disabled

Version 1.0.0.9 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
</q>

OTOH. . . Simtel shows a different version number (and the download is
a different size). Says it's Freeware. . .

http://www.simtel.net/product.php[url_fb_product_page]90016
<selected quotes>
InventoryBuilder 1.2
File Size 6.22 MB
Release Date Jul 25, 2005
License type: Freeware
</q>

This is a household inventory app - looks like it might be useful if
there's an uncrippled version to be had.

Would someone (one of our Robin Hoods perhaps) like to check out the
Freeware app at Simtel and report back?

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Steven said:
It's the same version as the one direct from the author;

http://www.inventorybuilder.com/inventorybuildersetup.exe

.... and is crippleware ....

Crippleware I can believe but I'm also seeing *three* different file
sizes. . .

Simtel (checked two links):
http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=90016

US, Minnesota (HTTP)
http://wcarchive.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/win95/hobby/inventorybuildersetup.exe
6386 KB

Poland
ftp://ftp.cyf-kr.edu.pl/pub/mirror/Simtel.Net/win95/hobby/inventorybuildersetup.exe
6386 KB

Download.com (these links perhaps led to the same file)

http://software-files.download.com/...31&siteId=4&edId=3&pid=10417499&psid=10382125
(6366 KB)

Alternate download links...
http://software-files.download.com/...31&siteId=4&edId=3&pid=10417499&psid=10382125
(6366 KB)

author's site:
http://www.inventorybuilder.com/download.htm

http://www.inventorybuilder.com/inventorybuildersetup.exe
(6226 KB)

The Simtel description says Freeware and "you can print reports to your
insurance company for documentation of your items."

The developer's site says you can't print with the free version. See:
http://www.inventorybuilder.com/features.htm

The only thing I know for sure and for certain is that the *someone*
<cough> is playing games. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware