What annoys you about VS.NET 2003 IDE & CF?

G

I couldn't agree more!
Intelisense easily becomes 'broken' even in VS 7.2. I've tried shareware updates to intelisense which work great.
It would be great if it attempted to guess what is being typed such as type identifiers and class members, much like IE uses auto-complete. Also, a spell and grammar checker module would be wonderful ^_^

D

Daniel Moth

They are probably the worst problems, although I have hit some specific
Unfortunately the bug above does not seem to be fixed in CF 1.0 SP3 Beta :-(

R

Richard Thombs

Unfortunately the bug above does not seem to be fixed in CF 1.0 SP3 Beta :-(

There's an SP3 coming? Where can we read more info about it please Daniel?

Thanks,

Richard.

G

Find & Replace is woeful. Take a look at Homesite 5 for some inspiration.
At the very least, multiline find & replace should be available

Cheers,

AllenK

G

Visual Studio 6.0 has a really nice feature in the dialog editor that allows you to enter "tab order" mode. You simply choose it from the menu then click on each of the dialog's items in the order you'd like them to navigate via the Tab key. The tab order actually shows up on each item as you go, allowing easy visualization of the results. After finishing with this, you select the menu item again to return to normal mode.

VS.NET IDE (both versions) require you to click on each item, manually enter a number for tab order, and repeat for each item. When you have many items on the form (web or windows), it takes too long and is difficult to keep up with.

I'd love to see this feature in 2005.

Thanx!

Ask a Question