    WD2500BB
    WD2500JBRTL

    or what all the suffix'es mean ? TIA

    rpl, Dec 24, 2004

  2. rpl

    Grinder Guest

    rpl wrote:
    > Anyone have a reference explaining the differences between
    > WD2500JJ
    > WD2500BB
    > WD2500JBRTL

    Here are specifications for the last two:

    http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=921351#description
    http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=1686706#description

    It looks like the "BB" has a 2 Mb cache, while the "JBRTL" has 8 Mb. I
    cannot find *any* reference to "WD2500JJ".

    > or what all the suffix'es mean ?

    There's a comment here:
    http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200210/20021018WD2000xB_1.html

    We'd be remiss not to touch on the travails resulting
    from Western Digital's ambiguous naming scheme. As has
    been the case for more than 2.5 years now, WD
    distinguishes its lines of drives only with [suffixes]:

    AB (5400 RPM)
    BB (7200 RPM 2 MB buffer)
    JB (7200 RPM 8 MB buffer)

    That doesn't clear much up, though, for your given examples.

    Grinder, Dec 25, 2004

  3. rpl

    John Smith Guest

    JBRTL is, I believe a retail kit which includes SATA cable and mounting
    screws(what I bought). A JBR by itself is the bare drive. A little
    investigation at the WD website will shed further light.

    John Smith, Dec 25, 2004