Well, let me try once more

Billybob

I Have inserted a large textbox on a blank word document page.

In this large textbox, I have a smaller textbox that contains a graphic.

I want to paste text in the larger textbox that text-wraps around the
smaller textbox containing the image.

How is this done? So far the text just simply goes behind the image instead
of wrapping. Would some please help me with this?

I hope this explanation is clear enough. I'm creating DVD Jewel Case
inserts.

Running Windows and Office XP Home.

JimO

I just responded to your other message. Rather than using
two separate text boxes, I would create one text box and
insert the text, then insert a graphic into that same
text box. you can then change the layout of the graphic.
I Have inserted a large textbox on a blank word document page.

In this large textbox, I have a smaller textbox that contains a graphic.

I want to paste text in the larger textbox that text-
wraps around the smaller textbox containing the image.
How is this done? So far the text just simply goes
behind the image instead of wrapping. Would some please
help me with this?

Billybob

Thanks, Jim! Doing it like you suggested. I can resize the picture, but I
can't seem to position it where I want it. I get the drag sign, but it just
springs back when I let go.

Anthony Giorgianni

This seems like it would be much easier by not using text boxes at all. Just
insert image, move where you want and let the text surround it, no?

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Billybob

Well, that would be a good suggestion, but I'm creating CD/DVD Jewel Case
inserts fro my DVD Video library and I have to stay in the confines of the
perforated lines template. I'm sure my problem isn't unique. It's just
something most people probably aren't that familiar with. I done textwrap
before, but not on a confined space of a jewel case template. Right now I'm
very frustrated because I can't figure it out. I have about 500 inserts to
do since I've transferred from VHS tapes to DVD format.
Thanks for your suggestion! Maybe we'll still find the answer, yet.

Best regards,
Bill

Margaret Aldis

Billybob said:
Well, that would be a good suggestion, but I'm creating CD/DVD Jewel Case
inserts fro my DVD Video library and I have to stay in the confines of the
perforated lines template. I'm sure my problem isn't unique. It's just
something most people probably aren't that familiar with. I done textwrap
before, but not on a confined space of a jewel case template. Right now I'm
very frustrated because I can't figure it out. I have about 500 inserts to
do since I've transferred from VHS tapes to DVD format.
Thanks for your suggestion! Maybe we'll still find the answer, yet.

Best regards,
Bill

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Text in a text box cannot be wrapped around anything. Would it work to
change the document margins to the size of the label, or use a table?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Margaret Aldis

Hi Bill

I think the problem is that you don't seem to be able to put another wrapped
item (text box, or graphic that is not 'in line') within the text box. Could
you use a table cell instead of the text box? You would then have normal
wrapping facilities, I think.

Anthony Giorgianni

Now that MVPs are involved, I'm bowing out to sidelines, from where I will
watch quietly and with great interest :O)

Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

Billybob

Suzanne and Anthony, it sounds like you are on the right track with this
project. Since I have to include text and small movie posters and photos in
such a confined space, it does change how it's achieved obviously. Wrap is
not absolutely necessary, but wrapping text sure does look so much more
professional. The perforated templates include the front, back, and the
sides. Anthony, I'm not that familiar with your name (and your answer was
good), but I always know if Suzanne is involved in an answer, "I can
generally take it to the bank".
Thank you all for your time and responses. What a great NG!

Graham Mayor

Given that this is a major project to produce DVD inserts, have you
considered using disc labelling software? Surething is dramatically better
than Word for this task and easily capable of producing professional results
with very little effort.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

Billybob

Yes, thank you, Graham. I am thinking that may be my next step. If you've
ever done one of these DVD inserts, then you know what a major chore it is.
It actual takes between 1 and 2 hours just to do one insert in Word. I also
wish I were able to label the DVD disks directly as well, but you have to
have a printer that will print directly to printable disks. The paper ones
that work on CDs will not work on DVDs, because of the increased speed and
sensitivity, gummed paper or plastic makes the DVD wobble out of balance.
Thanks for the advise, Graham. I really appreciate you MVPs. By the way, I
have already completed about 300 DVD inserts, but none with text wrap that
would make them look so much better.

Bill

Graham Mayor

We are getting way off topic here :)

I have not had any problems with adhesive labels on data discs at speeds of
up to 48X. Granted it is essential that the labels are fitted symetrically
on the disc, to which end the CD Stomper applicator is excellent. CD Stomper
glossy labels are the best, but are more expensive than most.

It will take you minutes - not hours - to do the labels in Surething
www.surething.com - and you can have text wrapping, columns, background
graphics, auto-numbering etc. I think there's a demo.
:)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
E-mail (e-mail address removed)
Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

TF

BillyBob

I believe that both Canon and Epson has recently brought out InkJets that
print direct to Disks and they are now a more reachable price. If you are
printing that many disks, a direct print to disk printer may pay for itself
in economy of time.

Take a look at the Epson R300 around 160USD. I believe this is a C84 with
extra features.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: Yes, thank you, Graham. I am thinking that may be my next step. If you've
: ever done one of these DVD inserts, then you know what a major chore it
is.
: It actual takes between 1 and 2 hours just to do one insert in Word. I
also
: wish I were able to label the DVD disks directly as well, but you have to
: have a printer that will print directly to printable disks. The paper ones
: that work on CDs will not work on DVDs, because of the increased speed and
: sensitivity, gummed paper or plastic makes the DVD wobble out of balance.
: Thanks for the advise, Graham. I really appreciate you MVPs. By the way, I
: have already completed about 300 DVD inserts, but none with text wrap that
: would make them look so much better.
:
: Bill
:

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Such printers probably come bundled with software to do the job, too, don't
they?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

It comes with Print CD Software and Print Factory.

Terry

: Such printers probably come bundled with software to do the job, too,
don't
: they?
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > BillyBob
: >
: > I believe that both Canon and Epson has recently brought out InkJets
that
: > print direct to Disks and they are now a more reachable price. If you
are
: > printing that many disks, a direct print to disk printer may pay for
: itself
: > in economy of time.
: >
: > Take a look at the Epson R300 around 160USD. I believe this is a C84
with
: > extra features.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: >
[...]
: > :
: > : Bill
: > :
: >
: >
:

Graham Mayor

The other problem of this approach is sourcing discs with a surface that
will accept the print legibly. Such discs will almost certainly not be
available at the local PC shop, where disc manufacturers like to advertise
their wares on the disc labels.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
E-mail (e-mail address removed)
Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

TF

Graham

Printable blank CDs and DVDs are readily available from many retailers.
Certainly the major brands such as Memorex and TDK supply them.

Terry

: The other problem of this approach is sourcing discs with a surface that
: will accept the print legibly. Such discs will almost certainly not be
: available at the local PC shop, where disc manufacturers like to advertise
: their wares on the disc labels.
:
: --
: <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
: TF wrote:
: > It comes with Print CD Software and Print Factory.
: >
: > Terry
: >
: > : >> Such printers probably come bundled with software to do the job,
: >> too, don't they?
: >>
: >> --
: >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
: >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
: >> Words into Type
: >> Fairhope, Alabama USA
: >
: >> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: >> newsgroup so all may benefit.
: >>
: >> "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: >> : >>> BillyBob
: >>>
: >>> I believe that both Canon and Epson has recently brought out
: >>> InkJets that print direct to Disks and they are now a more
: >>> reachable price. If you are printing that many disks, a direct
: >>> print to disk printer may pay for itself in economy of time.
: >>>
: >>> Take a look at the Epson R300 around 160USD. I believe this is a
: >>> C84 with extra features.
: >>>
: >>> --
: >>> Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: >>> http://word.mvps.org/
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> : >>>> Yes, thank you, Graham. I am thinking that may be my next step. If
: >>>> you've ever done one of these DVD inserts, then you know what a
: >>>> major chore it is. It actual takes between 1 and 2 hours just to
: >>>> do one insert in Word. I also wish I were able to label the DVD
: >>>> disks directly as well, but you have to have a printer that will
: >>>> print directly to printable disks. The paper ones that work on CDs
: >>>> will not work on DVDs, because of the increased speed and
: >>>> sensitivity, gummed paper or plastic makes the DVD wobble out of
: >>>> balance. Thanks for the advise, Graham. I really appreciate you
: >>>> MVPs. By the way, I have already completed about 300 DVD inserts,
: >>>> but none with text wrap that would make them look so much better.
: >>>>
: >>>> Bill
:
:

Billybob

I know that we are way off topic here, but to put a little input on
writeable DVDRs. You can order the same quality on-line at greatly reduced
prices starting at about $1.20 per disk if bought in quantities of say 50s,
or 100s.
Check out the links!
http://rima.com or http://meritline.com

Thanks guys. Back OT again. I'm going to pester you once more in a new post
Suzanne,Graham, and Margaret. Since your email posts and advise concerning
the word text wrapping on the Jewel DVD inserts, I can now wrap text, but I
have one more problem. I'll post up-to-date. I know there are easier ways
and good software, it's just that I want see if it can be done in Word XP
that way I want it done. One more hurdle and I'll have it made.