Outlook Weird printing problem in Outlook

Reaction score
Anyone ever see this before?

I sent a print job of an email (3 pages) to my printer.

It prints the first page and stops. It gives me a document failed to print message.

The print job remains in the queue.

After 5 mins, it prints page 1 again and the job remains in the queue.

It does this over and over again until I cancel the job.

When I cancelled the job, the queue was empty.
Out of no where, the printer prints page 1 again even though nothing is showing in the print queue.

It will keep doing this but I stopped it by killing the spooler and manually deleting the print file from the spooler's sub directory.

Anyone have any ideas? The issue is only with Outlook, I can print word documents, text documents, etc without any problems (multiple pages)

I just updated office to it's latest updates but I still experienced the same issues after the updates.

I'm running Outlook 2003.

Any help would be grealtly appreciated.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
made me smile ...

Hmmm, nice one, I think you may need to Patent the process before MS get wind of it. :D

Sorry, can't help much, my aging HP PSC sometimes does something similar, prints out one page then just sits there with a blank expression on it's screen ... when it does that, I have to reboot it & the PC ... and I'm afraid I don't use Outlook.

Mind you, it has been a good boy since installing Vista.

As you don't seem to be having any problems printing anything else, it may be a bit pointless deleting it & its drivers and trying a re-install, or maybe not ?

Good luck!

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Just an update:

I tried a bunch of different things.

I tried to reinstall the printer with 4 different sets of drivers (3 downloaded from the hp site and 1 from windows os). I tried to swap the parallel cable with a good one. The printer has a print server installed on it (printer is on the network). I replaced the print server and re-configured it, same issue. This issue is with anyone on the network.

I can print to it without any problems in IE, webpages, text files, word documents. I just can't print emails from Outlook, from any workstation.

Sometimes, it will just print the header info (to, from subject) then it will fail.

There is no issues with the Outlook because I can print emails to other printers without any issues.

It looks as though the printer is dying or a memory issues with the printer.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, still can't help much, but me being me, I would first replace the offending hardware with one I know to be working correctly.

Parallel cable ?? Workstation ?? ... how is this printer connected & is it on a "proper" network? What is the printer ? what OS ?

I take it as read the this has started to happen one day, and everything was OK before ?

Yes, printers do have their own memory, it was common for HP to use std memory modules, easy to get hold off from 3rd party suppliers ... however, if that was a problem, then I would expect to see it right across the printing spectrum.

I would also expect the email to print correctly, after being copied & pasted into Word. ;)

user.gif

Reaction score
need help printing from outlook ,I can not print my email ,a box comes up from IE saying an error has occured on this page and when i click on yes it does nothing ,HELP

Ask a Question