Website file checker

Paul Blarmy

In the days when I used Arachnophilia, a useful feature was the ability
to assess my (local) website and tell me if there were any files in the
directory structure that were not called by links on the web pages.

For instance, if I had some old pictures in my web folders and they
weren't called by any of the HTML documents then this was signalled and
I could safely delete these superfluous files.

Is there anything available that would do just this one job rather than
install Arachnophilia for just one feature?

TIA

Susan Bugher

Paul said:
In the days when I used Arachnophilia, a useful feature was the ability
to assess my (local) website and tell me if there were any files in the
directory structure that were not called by links on the web pages.

For instance, if I had some old pictures in my web folders and they
weren't called by any of the HTML documents then this was signalled and
I could safely delete these superfluous files.

Is there anything available that would do just this one job rather than
install Arachnophilia for just one feature?

Yup. :) SOS has it.

Program: Clean Up Process (CleanUpProperties) (v 0.00.0019)
Author: Lazar Kaufman
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) (v 0.00.0019)
http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/index.html

http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Hypertext.html

CleanUpProperties Son Of Spy strikes again! This utility looks at your
web pages on your hard drive and checks all the .gifs and .jpgs used in
your pages. All graphic files that are in the directory but not used,
are moved to another direrctory for you. Nothing is deleted, but the
garbage is out of your way. This is just way too cool...(A usenet user
had this program and deleted it accidently, couldn't remember anything
about it, asked the newsgroup for help finding it...took twelve hours
searching but it was worth it!) Uploaded to my Geocities site.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Circuit/9810/clenup.zip
699Kb

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Paul Blarmy

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:01:53 -0500, Susan Bugher wrote...
Program: Clean Up Process (CleanUpProperties) (v 0.00.0019)

Thanks for the response Susan. I thought this might be the answer but
sadly it threw up files that it shouldn't have as well as those it
should.

The search continues, thanks again though :)

Susan Bugher

Thanks for the response Susan. I thought this might be the answer but
sadly it threw up files that it shouldn't have as well as those it
should.

Rats and phooey - the ability to check for unused image files seems like
something lots of folks would find useful. Apps that can do that seem to
be rare birds. ISTM that's a pretty old program - I wonder if the OS
makes a difference (since SOS says he uses it).
The search continues, thanks again though :)

YW Paul.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware