webcam problems

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me? I recently bought a webcam ( Logitech quickcam pro 4000 )
I have installed it and it operates fine I can make videos and take still pictures.
It also works ok on MSN messenger when chatting to others.
The problem is when I try to broadcast to cam chat websites all I get is a blank screen on my broadcast. I have also tried to record video to the same website and the audio records but no video.
I have tried with my firewall & virus protection ( mcfee ) disabled but to no avail.

I have installed the camera on my work PC and it works fine both pc'c are using windows XP, But my home PC has a braoadband connection, and my work PC is an ISDN connection.

I really don't know what else to try if anyone can help it would be much appreciated

Regards

Gfor68

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I bet you don't have McAfee (Mac-Crap-at-a-Fee) on your 'works' PC ... ;)

... hope I don't have to eat my words.

muckshifter

Reaction score
well that shot me down in flames ... ;-)

Is it a different ISP ?

Reaction score
My home ISP is NTL I'm not sure about my work one, the thing that I really don't understand is why the cam works on MSN, but not on these sites??

muckshifter

Reaction score
MSN is 'set-up' so one can use a webcam ... are the other sites?

Sorry, but I really am in the dark when it comes to webcams. :blush:

Ask a Question