WCG Stats Thursday 08 January 2009

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Over on the WCG Forum, I found this:

knreed said:
We are now operating on the new server infrastructure. At this time we are still validating the environment so you may see the website be available and unavailable from time to time.

It seems to be working okay again now. But, I found that I was still getting some "backing off" messages this morning, so what I did, was to close BOINC completely (file > exit) for a couple of minutes, then, when I re-opened it, the work began to upload properly.

Niv, this obviously doesn't answer your specific question, but maybe one of the others will have an answer for you :nod:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Most of mine uploaded last night and new jobs were downloaded..

But I did lose 1 job which doesn't appear anywhere on the WCG site or on my machines..

This morning some jobs have uploaded but nothing had downloaded so have suspended activity again and will try again later for some new jobs..Am running out fast now..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
CL - yes, I've just been checking around again, and since my last lot uploaded, I can't actually find 'em either, so looks like they went walkabout with yours. But you never know, they might turn-up when the new system has had a chance to stabilize. I expect it's still a bit hit and miss for the moment. (Now aren't you impressed by all these technical terms? ;))

I found that more work downloads happened after I did the close-programme thing with BOINC and re-opened it. :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've just turned my Boinc communication back on and all the work has uploaded correctly - looks like things are definitely getting back to normal :thumb:

Hmmm...I wonder if we can get the Autostats back up and running again as well :cool:

Edit: Yep the stats are back :thumb:

Ask a Question