WCG For Macs Coming Soon....

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
We are currently testing on the Mac Platform, but still need some more time to make sure everything is working correctly. We will have the Mac client available soon. Not, soon soon... but soon.
Good news for Mac users - especially for our honorary member cirianz!! :thumb:

I will keep you posted Ciri ;)

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news :D I wonder how fast a Mac will crunch?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
sounds good, i will be getting an iBook soon so i'll have another machine for the team

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
I better get an invite this time. I missed out on the last one :p

:confused: weren't you there? I could've sworn I spent an hour or two discussing the quantum properties of spaggetti bolognaise relative to the application of wormhole theory to fish & chips with, cf without, vinegar, with you?
Mind you... I did wonder why your hair was so green & leafy looking....
:blush:

Reaction score
LMAO oh thanks I see I made that much of an impression then :'(

PFFFT

I'm going back to my little corner of the world now. You can just wonder around the hobbit village ;)

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM SHE'S PICKING ON ON ME!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Update

Update from WCG - looks like WCG for Macs will be here by June/July or even earlier :thumb:
It is a secret, so don't tell anyone
smile.gif
but it looks like both of these things you ask for will be available sooner rather than later... guessing by mid year or even sooner... remember "guessing". From what I understand the UD agent will not be put on the MAC so that leaves BOINC.

*Ady gets ready for Ciri to start dancing round the forum :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Update from WCG - looks like WCG for Macs will be here by June/July or even earlier :thumb:

*Ady gets ready for Ciri to start dancing round the forum :D
... only if she can get the electric people to leave her some to play with. :p

Can dance by candle light though. :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
better get an invite this time. I missed out on the last one :p

You are cordially invited to attend
Adys bash
Please arrive no later than 8pm
Do not bring any beverages as all will be served at your will
You are only obliged to drink exactly 1/10th of your bodyweight
and must leave by midnight..

as Adys goin on his hols to luxor land :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
WOW do they have electricity in NZ?

Only jokin Ciri ;)

Electrickery? What's that? Sounds familiar... Oh Well... It's...

PARTY TIME!!!!!!!:)

And triplex.. If you're going to come dressed as a pot plant this time u better be giggling!;)
Especially at my oh so witty jokes... & they do get wittyer as I p*ssder... Or at least that's my opinyon anyway:p

As for the electrickery mucks... at the moment the lights start flickering when i put the kettle on most the time these days... but then the rest of the time they just flicker anyway so what the H... I can dance in the dark if the candles can't hack the pace :)

Anyhow... Where's Ady? I fancy a Khaluah & milk to kick this party off;)

& Ady... Thank you for keeping an eye on this for me, I might be raiding your bar for the rest of the evening but the first one's on me :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Hello you ... I see they turned you back on then.
laughingsmiley.gif

Ady's off galavanting around Egypt ... won't be back for a week, no worries though, I have the keys to the booze cupboard. :D

:thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Good to see you mucks :D Yeah, powers still... temperamental :rolleyes:
Bummer I missed Ady's Party :(
Hope he has a cool holiday though, wouldn't mind galivanting round Egypt myself:D

Most of this last week (& the one to come) has been used up with 'pre-maternal hypershock'.
John's mother is coming down to visit this comming weekend & EVERYTHING has to be spotless (John even went over the back paddock with a weedeater yesturday & I spent the weekend cleaning washing walls & ceilings & ornaments & lids & cleaning out secret spider webs (left the spiders though so that's ok) Not to mention carting branches & huge wool bags bags of green matter, a percentage of which had been my garden the day before... The ones he got with the weedeater will probably regrow, but when he's weeding he sometimes has a bit of trouble telling the difference between weeds & my plants (if they're not flowering at the time then they must be weeds) So normaly I do the garden. But he sneaked in while I was scrubbing out the corners in window sills. Mind you, he achieved more than I would've thought physically possible over the weekend so I sure aint going to complain over some plants I can replace.
So right now I'm in a state of chronic exhaustion with the joyous knowledge that there is still a week of this ahead of me & that, even then, the first thing she'll do when she arrives is criticise. Both John & his Daughter have told me that. & that nothing is ever good enought for her....
If it was my mum I reckon I'd've adopted a more "Take me as you find me" attitude if that was the case. But it's John's mum & it matters to him so I'll hoe in:rolleyes: :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh, sounds like fun ... let me know when you're finished and we'll ALL pop in.
laughingsmiley.gif

What is it they say ... a women's work is ...........

Just giver 'er a duster when she walks in ... that'll make her feel right at 'home' ... :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
LOL, yeah, tempted :rolleyes: The other day, on the phone, she was shocked & horrified to find that I don't do all the housework (we split it like in a flat) Or cook all his meals (we buy our own food & cook seperately. Even have our own fridges)
Although I've had to do his dishes this last few days. He cut the top of his knuckle off on his right hand (ie his painting hand) last week & they had to do minor surgery & sew the tendony things all back together etc & they told him expressly that he was NOT to do dishes for the next six weeks. But would he listen? He insisted on doing his own dishes for the first week & so it got infected of course. It's just starting to recover now, but at last he is letting me do his dishes (he's a bit of a neat freak so he's finding it very hard to wait until I've finished feeding my kids, when the sink is full of dishes nagging at him).
I tried very hard not to say 'I told you so' even suceeded... almost.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ciri - there is talk over at WCG today of someone who has managed to attach to the WCG project with his Mac - nothing has been officially announced yet, so I am keeping my eyes and ears open for you ;)

:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Its looking good for launch this weekend Ciri!! - have a look at the thread HERE - one of the admins has said "Shhh, its a secret" with a big grin.

I suggest if you haven't already done so Ciri, is to register now over at WCG and join the team, that way the info required to attached your Boinc Mnager to the project will be ready for you :thumb:

You never know, you may be able to attach now prior to the official announcement...;)

:D

Ask a Question