WCG Beta Testing + Boinc Account Management System

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
WCG said:
Beta Testing
Beta Testing is now available for those people who would like to assist World Community Grid in testing work for projects before they are officially launched on World Community Grid. Some projects may need debugging and you might recognize the name of the project; others will be run anonymously. In either case, you will receive credit and points for Beta Test work just as you would for any other project. We hope this will increase the number of users we have testing projects, which in turn will allow World Community Grid to launch projects that are stable and thoroughly tested.

How It Works
You can opt in any of your existing BOINC profiles to receive Beta Test work by going to the Beta Testing page (currently, Beta Test work will only be available for members using the BOINC software). When Beta Test work is available, you will receive that work before you receive work for any other project (i.e., Beta Test work will take first priority). If there is no Beta Test work currently available, you will receive work from the other projects in which you have chosen to participate.

To find out about current Beta Testing, please visit the Beta Testing forum.

BOINC Account Management System
World Community Grid now supports read-only functionality of Account Management System. As a result members can now use the Boinc Account Manager at BAM .

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=8214 :thumb:

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers for that Ady :thumb:

Anyone here opting for the Beta projects?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nice idea ... not for me

Ian Cunningham said:
Cheers for that Ady :thumb:

Anyone here opting for the Beta projects?
Nope!

I'll let those who have several machines spare one, I have none. :)

user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Beta Test Participant Settings have been reset - please sign up again

Update

Due to a bug on the boinc device profile screen, we were incorrectly signing people up for the beta test (if you saved any changes to your boinc profile, then you were signed up for the beta test). There was no way for us to know who had signed up becuase they intended to and who had signed up becuase of the bug. As a result we have fixed the bug and then we went through and removed the flag which indicates that users would like to participate in the beta test.

As a result all members who wish to be beta testers must now sign up again

We deeply apologize for the inconvience and we sincerely appreciate your interest in support our beta testing.

There is not any beta testing being done at this time. When we start a set of beta testing we will provide information here (and the workunits will start with BETA).

Ask a Question