    returns to normal. What would cause this situation? I run WinXP SP1;
    it has happened both on dialup and on DSL.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Madzilla, May 8, 2004

  2. Madzilla

    Skip Guest

    us;838884

    url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/wmi_start_page.asp

    Check out above listings. It sounds like something you
    might want to live with until next service pack(SP2)
    comes out this summer...Good luck.

    disappearing/reappearing problem of
    >SVCHOST using all CPU resources. If it happens, it

    *only* happens
    >whenever I am connected to the Internet, usually after

    several hours
    >of the connection being open, and it ends either

    mysteriously, or when
    >I end the connection.
    >
    >Multiple adware, spyware, anti-virus/worm/trojan scans

    later, nothing.
    >HijackThis doesn't find anything.
    >
    >Using Process Explorer, I've determined that SVCHOST is

    accessing
    >wbemcore.dll; when I kill SVCHOST's accessing of

    wbemcore, my system

    Skip, May 8, 2004

  3. Madzilla

    Madzilla Guest

    "Skip" <> wrote in message news:<a39201c4350b$e2c17c60$>...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    > us;838884
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
    > url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/wmi_start_page.asp
    >
    > Check out above listings. It sounds like something you
    > might want to live with until next service pack(SP2)
    > comes out this summer...Good luck.

    Well at least now I know what it is. Thanks!

    Madzilla, May 9, 2004