Watermarks

Jay

I want to make a title page that has a graphic as a watermark. I followed
the instructions form word and put the picture in the header but I can't
centre the picture in the middle of the page. THe header only goes down the
page to a certain point. I hit enter to move the picture down but at a
certain point, the header box stops expanding down and the picture just
disappears. ARGH! How can I centre the watermark graphic? If possible, I
would actually like to move the graphic a little below centre so I can put
the title words in the first 1/3 of the page.

Many Thanks,
Jay

TF

Jay

You need to change the graphic from In Line to any other setting (such as In
Front) and you can then drag it anywhere on the page.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: I want to make a title page that has a graphic as a watermark. I followed
: the instructions form word and put the picture in the header but I can't
: centre the picture in the middle of the page. THe header only goes down
the
: page to a certain point. I hit enter to move the picture down but at a
: certain point, the header box stops expanding down and the picture just
: disappears. ARGH! How can I centre the watermark graphic? If possible,
: would actually like to move the graphic a little below centre so I can put
: the title words in the first 1/3 of the page.
:
: Many Thanks,
: Jay
:
:

Jay

ok wait, i tried that but it's not working right. I can move around the
picture but the picture is blank...you know what I mean? I move it a little
bit down but I am only moving a big white block so when I set it down on the
page nothing appears.

Jay

TF

Jay

That sounds like it may be a graphics driver problem. Try moving it to the
middle, save and close the document and Word. Then restart and see if the
graphic has moved and is viewable.

If not, please tell us something about the graphic and how you are inserting
it in the Header.

Terry

: ok wait, i tried that but it's not working right. I can move around the
: picture but the picture is blank...you know what I mean? I move it a
little
: bit down but I am only moving a big white block so when I set it down on
the
: page nothing appears.
:
: Jay
: : > Sorry for my ignorance, how do you do that?
: >
: > Jay
: >
: >
: > "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: > : > > Jay
: > >
: > > You need to change the graphic from In Line to any other setting (such
: as
: > In
: > > Front) and you can then drag it anywhere on the page.
: > >
: > > --
: > > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > > http://word.mvps.org/
: > >
[...]
: > > :
: > > : Many Thanks,
: > > : Jay
: > > :
: > > :
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
:
:

Suzanne S. Barnhill

On the View tab of Tools | Options, make sure you have "Drawings" checked.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.