Watching any video puts my player in full screen and locks all con

G

Whenever I play a video (either from a local file or off the internet) my video player goes straight to full screen mode. All of my controls do not work (alt + enter, Alt +1, etc) and I am essentially trapped in full screen. If the movie loops then I am stuck (in full screen) and can only get out by hitting cnt-alt-del and logging off. Even going to task manager will bring it up and for a split second I am back to normal but then immediately snapped back to full screen.

I am running XP pro (version 2002 service pack 1) on a dell 8100 laptop with an Nvidia GeForce2 Go and WMP 9. I have performed any available updates and have messed with all the WMP settings to no avail. I have had this problem for a while now and while I can't pin point exactly when it cropped up it seems to have happened around the time MS released its new media display html page http://msnvideo.msn.com/video/default.aspx?setcp=b which also of course goes to full screen whenever I try to view a video there.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks!

G

Open WMP9,tools,options,performance,uncheck the box for full screen view,
adjust the others as needed.

Ask a Question