"Warning: Your signature file is too large."

Matt

Ron

I followed your instructions but still not working right. My signature is
broken up by a bunch of code. Plus what do I do with the email I composed for
the signature? Save to drafts?

jhullingers

When I save this to Notepad and then select it as signature under Tools,
Options and then Signatures, it all codes and not the original picture with
words before copying the code. What am I missing here?

Signed.... Frustrated!

Thanks for your time.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

jhullingers said:
When I save this to Notepad and then select it as signature under Tools,
Options and then Signatures, it all codes and not the original picture
with
words before copying the code. What am I missing here?

4 KB is the maximum size.

toni-rey

MissPhyllis said:
Good evening. I tried to create a signature in Word and safed it as a
htm/html file. For some reason I get the message ""Warning: Your signature
file is too large." Can you please advise as to what I need to do to
condense the file or save it in another format?? Thanks.

toni-rey

I may have forgotten to actually put this info in my post...Sheesh...

I found the easiest way to make a signature is to create it in Word, using
shift-enter as line breaks, then copying it into notepad, saving it then to
my desktop. The resulting file is small enough to use as a signature in
Windows Mail.

signature file too large?

MissPhyllis said:
Good evening. I tried to create a signature in Word and safed it as a
htm/html file. For some reason I get the message ""Warning: Your signature
file is too large." Can you please advise as to what I need to do to
condense the file or save it in another format?? Thanks.

James Ivey

Try creating your signature in an html editor, such as Frontpage, Expression
Web, or (free) Coffee Cup.

Microsoft Word is ***horrible*** at creating html.

James

"signature file too large?" <signature file too
[email protected]> wrote in message

UMT53G

I had the same problem; i.e. Microsoft Word complianing that the html
signature file too large in Microsoft Mail package.

I resolved this by:

1. Editting and saving the signature plus picture (company logo) in a
Microsoft Word Doc
2. Then saved it as HTML file (filtered option - its one of the drop downs
in the save as option) - this make the *.html file small (i.e. <4kB as
required by Microsoft Mail). Please note that the html filtered "save as"
option doesn't seem to be availble with Microsoft Works Word Processer, so
you may have to get someone to do this who has Word.
3. At this point the signature loads in Microsoft Mail, but I got a Red
Cross where the picture/logo was meant to be in the signature
4. So I opened File Explorer and opened the html file using either Notepad
or Wordpad editor packages. To do this right click the html file and select
"Open with" option.
5. When you open in Notepad there is a lot of coding garbage, but the trick
is to find the line of code which refers to the image. It will lok something
like "...\documents\signature_files\image001.jpg".
6. Change the file name in the invereted commas to the full path name to
point at the picture file you want, which will be something like
"C:\Users\Name\Documents\logo.jpg".
7. Then the signature loads up perfect.

There must be a bug in Microsoft Mail.

hope this helps.

regards.

Steve Cochran

Its not a bug. You just need to specify the full path to the image and not
the relative path, as OE cannot locate the image if you only use a relative
path.

steve

claudette

MissPhyllis said:
Good evening. I tried to create a signature in Word and safed it as a
htm/html file. For some reason I get the message ""Warning: Your signature
file is too large." Can you please advise as to what I need to do to
condense the file or save it in another format?? Thanks.

claudette

mikeyhsd said:
it has been said here that Word adds a bunch of extra stuff into the file making it over the 4k boundary.
am not a word user so do not know what to tell you about it.
you can search previous posts about signature to see what the suggestion was.

(e-mail address removed)