Windows XP Want a Widget?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
For anyone who likes the odd gadget on their desktop (I distinctly heard Mucks wince then...;) ) did you know that you can get a Vista-style sidebar for XP? You don't have to display the whole sidebar though, because you can just choose to run a single element...... such as the analogue clock for example.

I liked the Vista clock, so decided to get one for the XP machine - it's great. You can vary the colours of each part of the clock and size it to suit yourself, it displays time, date, second hand; it chimes on the hour and half-hour - and even has a built-in alarm! It's called the "Softcode Analog Clock" and it can be found HERE There are not just clocks though... you can choose from a whole list of goodies including "Share Tunes" which is iTunes mini player size music player.

:cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I distinctly heard Mucks wince then ...
:p

Actually, I do use Vista's 'sidebar' and have a couple of wedgegits ... ;)

I don't like Yahoo, so I won't bother with XP. :D

:user:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Have you stopped running XP altogether now then Mucks...?
No ... the MJW PC is running XP, if I need to, I can "play" with XP. ;)

The 'Old Girl' runs Linux and I still haven't put the BSA PC back into operation, yet ... I is err, a little short on funds. I hope to have some good news on that front this week, but I ain't holding my breath. :D

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Why dont you guys find and download Konfabulator?
i persoanlly dont know where to find it but it may be of use to you guys as you can set it up to show what even you want it to on the desktop :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
Why dont you guys find and download Konfabulator?
i personally don't know where to find it but it may be of use to you guys as you can set it up to show what even you want it to on the desktop :D
We don't need it ... Vista has it's own. :p

What would be nice, is a Temp gadget ... but I'm not too worried on the bells-n-whistles.

I have the weather, clock & Capital Gold Radio ... :thumb:

oh, here you are, by the way ...
http://www.widgetgallery.com/index.php?show=25
... Yahoo bought them out, I don't like Yahoo. :p

:wave:

Ask a Question