    Any thoughts ? - you comments and knowledge would be greatly
    appreciated.

    -Michael

    Michael, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Michael

    Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After having purchased a Heidelberg Linoscan 1450 (Firewire) and
    > downloading Vuescan (which should support this device) I cannot seem
    > to get this to work. When starting Vuescan I get an error "No Scanner
    > was found attached to your computer". I am running WinXP SP1 and
    > Vuescan 8.1.43. It seems as though WinXP recognizes the device as
    > Device Manager shows an imaging device labled "HDM LS4G1F". I have
    > also tried to install a demo version of SilverFast Ai where the
    > scanner works without any problems (but at a higher price tag).
    >
    > Any thoughts ? - you comments and knowledge would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > -Michael

    Michael, try powering on the scanner before starting VueScan.

    HTH

    Bob

    , Mar 30, 2005

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    > Michael, try powering on the scanner before starting VueScan.

    That has been one of many variations ;o) Only way I seem to be able to
    get VueScan to recognize the device is by starting a second instance
    of VueScan and switching on the scanner between the to sessions - but
    when trying to preview/scan VueScan comes back with "scanner not
    ready".

    Michael, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Michael

    pawelb Guest

    Hi,
    Did you install the software that came with your scanner? I had a
    similar problem with my Minolta DSE 5400. After connecting the scanner
    to a computer VueScan wouldn't work until I installed Minolta software -
    then VueScan started recognizing the scanner.

    Pawel

    pawelb, Mar 31, 2005
  5. Michael

    AAvK Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > After having purchased a Heidelberg Linoscan 1450 (Firewire) and
    > downloading Vuescan (which should support this device) I cannot seem
    > to get this to work. When starting Vuescan I get an error "No Scanner
    > was found attached to your computer". I am running WinXP SP1 and
    > Vuescan 8.1.43. It seems as though WinXP recognizes the device as
    > Device Manager shows an imaging device labled "HDM LS4G1F". I have
    > also tried to install a demo version of SilverFast Ai where the
    > scanner works without any problems (but at a higher price tag).
    >
    > Any thoughts ? - you comments and knowledge would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > -Michael

    Might be, if using windows, you turned the scanner on after turning on
    the computer?

    Vuescan not running, scanner on, follow:

    Right click on "My computer,
    click on "Properties",
    click the "Hardware" tab,
    click the "Device manager" button, window pops open,
    right click on the top item in there and
    click "Scan for hardware changes",
    then your scanner (if powered on) will show,
    it is a hardware refresher. After that
    start a new Vuescan and it should show.

    Maybe this only works for SCSI, don't know. Try it.

    --
    Alex
    cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

    AAvK, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi Pawel,

    This could be the issue but as I bought this scanner pre-used I do not
    have the original windows software (which btw as far as I have been
    able to find on news groups/etc would not work on XP).

    -Michael

    Michael, Apr 3, 2005
  7. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Hi Alex,

    Looks like XP have found the device and that the driver installed is
    working properly so this should be ok so it is really strange.

    -Michael

    Michael, Apr 3, 2005