VPN Connection

I am having a problem with my VPN connection. I can access my office via VPN
the first 2 or 3 times then I can't get connected the next 3 or 4 times.
After that I can get in again. I continue to get errors 734 and 738 when I
can't connect. There doesn't seem to be a reason as to why I can get in
sometimes and not others. The passwords I used have been validated and
re-entered by the network administrator. Has anyone had this problem and is
there a solution to this.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

DAG,

Normally the symptoms you are seeing are a result of either other users connected and the
number of connections or IP address pool is limited. Thus you have to wait until someone
logs off before your subesequent connection works.

Another possible issue is the lack of sufficient IPs for the VPN clients. When you log off, that IP
does not return directly to the pool for issuse. So either making a bunch of short connections
or same as before, other users logging on between sometimes when you log off, can result in
the symptoms you are seeing.

I would check the number of connections allowed by your firewall and VPN
concentrator/server, number of IPs in the RRAS pool, etc.

Hope this helps,
Gary
--------------------
'--'From: =?Utf-8?B?REFH?= <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: VPN Connection
'--'Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:16:01 -0700
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'I am having a problem with my VPN connection. I can access my office via VPN
'--'the first 2 or 3 times then I can't get connected the next 3 or 4 times.
'--'After that I can get in again. I continue to get errors 734 and 738 when I
'--'can't connect. There doesn't seem to be a reason as to why I can get in
'--'sometimes and not others. The passwords I used have been validated and
'--'re-entered by the network administrator. Has anyone had this problem and is
'--'there a solution to this.
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.