Visual Studio debugging problem

Reaction score
This problem is really getting on my nerves.. I hope someone would be able to help me..

I'm facing a problem when I try to run my windows mobile project (either on emulator or real device) in Visual Studio 2005 proffessional. the problem is that VS is not actually deploying the compiled files and is only trying to run the .exe file from the supposed path in the emulator/pocket pc so it's always launching the old version of my project. I tried to delete the project files from the device and then I got this error when I press run:

unable to start program ".....path" The system cannot find the file specified.

The very same project was working fine yesterday.. I can't remember what I've done that caused this..
I've tried other old/new projects and it's working fine..
I tried to change the target platform but no luck.. same error..
I tried to hard reset the emulator and the pocket pc and again the same problem..
However when I compile the program and copy it manually to the right path the program will run when I lauch it from VS but however any eidting won't be updated.
A last thing.. when I right click the project in the solution explorer and click "Deploy" the bottom status bar would say deplying succeded.. though it's actually not deploying any single file..

Do you know anything that I can do? I've been working on this project for more than a month and I really don't know what to do.. maybe as a last solution I may have a new project then manually copy every control and every code snippets??? I hope there's something better than this to do...

Sorry for making it long and much thanks in advance.

Ask a Question