Visual Studio 2005 on Vista 5308 - ASP.NET DEVELOPMENT SERVER

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2006.

    Hi everyone,

    I've installed vs2005 and am trying to run a brand new asp.net web site
    using the web server that comes with vs2005 (not IIS). Immediately, after I
    create the site (before I even run it!), I get the following error message:

    Error 1 C:\Users\<myaccount>\Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\WebSites\WebSite3\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: An error occurred
    2005\WebSites\WebSite3\Default.aspx 1 1 C:\...\WebSite3\

    Also, if I choose to bypass the error and run the site, I get the following
    error:

    Server Error in '/WebSite3' Application.

    to an instance of an object.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    object.]
    System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.get_W3SvcMajorVersion() +53
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.GetStreamName(String
    configPath) +97
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +268

    [ConfigurationFileException: An error occurred loading a configuration file]
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean
    ignoreLocal) +110

    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors) +41
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String
    configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject,
    Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) +89
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey,
    Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission) +43
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
    +9
    System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String
    sectionName) +38
    System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName,
    Type type, ResultsIndex index) +53
    System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_Deployment() +28
    System.Web.Configuration.DeploymentSection.get_RetailInternal() +143

    System.Web.Configuration.CustomErrorsSection.CustomErrorsEnabled(HttpRequest
    request) +25

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.62; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.62

    Does it require that my system have IIS installed? I know in XP, when I run
    the web site, it says ASP Development server v8.0.0 or something like that..
    it seems that it's trying to run the "real" web server.. ?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Apr 8, 2006

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Your Stak Trace is indicating some sort of Search Tool bar that is causing the issue. Google maybe or Yahoo or something similar

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Apr 8, 2006