Vista won't restore and can't login newsgroups

tkc

HP Pavilion with Vista.

Vista won't complete System Restore.
Goes thru complete process and then says did not successfully
complete.

Lately I can't login newsgroups all of a sudden using Vista Windows
Mail Newsgroups..

Is this the correct group for help please?
tia

Mick Murphy

If you are using Norton Anti-virus, disable it before using System restore,
as it causes errors with it.
Also, turn OFF email scanning in norton to allow your Mail through.

Bill Yanaire

Alias said:
You used to be fun. Now you're a bore. Yawn.

Alias

You use to be fun. Now you're a bore like my Spanish and English speaking
gardner. Ubuntu sucks.

tkc

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Is it easy to disable Narton AntiVirus?
If so How please?

This computer new approx 1yr old worked fine up to 3 weeks ago.
Started to do the following:
Not printing, just adds print jobs and printer passes blank paper if I
turn it off.
Newsgroups in Windows Vista e mail/NG program will not let me login
in, just keeps asking for id and pswd.
The E Mail side of it works fine.

Tried several times to do Restore and just says when done "Restore not
successful".

So is Restore the next step?

Someone suggested doing Restore in Safe Mode; do not know what that
means.

Any Help or ideas?

TIA

Nonny

Someone suggested doing Restore in Safe Mode; do not know what that
means.

I suggested it.

I also gave you instructions - very simple instructions - on how to
get into Safe Mode so that you could run it from there.

If you are going to ask for help, you MUST read and attempt to follow
the instructions you're given.

Nonny

**** OFF Nonny....you self righteous ****. And it was ME that
suggested safe mode.

If you are going to beat your own chest and brag about how ****ing
great you are then you MUST take your little cock out of your hand
before you type.

In THIS thread, maybe... but not in

http://tinyurl.com/6oe2pb

The OP has so many threads going it's hard to remember all of them.

tkc

I suggested it.

I also gave you instructions - very simple instructions -  on how to
get into Safe Mode so that you could run it from there.

If you are going to ask for help, you MUST read and attempt to follow
the instructions you're given.

Must be mistaken. There are no instructions on my side that you may
have thought you sent.
Would sure like to see them though.

tkc

Must be mistaken.  There are no instructions on my side that you may
have thought you sent.
Would sure like to see them though.

Whoops!

Sorry Mr Nonny.
I found your instructions on my other post for help. I had quit using
that one when I rewrote more detail on this thread.

"""Yes, it means your ISP is still doing Usenet.

Do you know how to restart and then get into Safe Mode? You need to
try to run System Restore while in Safe Mode. Hopefully that will
take care of your printing problem as well.

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key before the Windows
logo reappears. If you wait too long and the logo appears, restart
and try again.
""""

Anyway, I went to Safe Mode and the only place there is anything about
Restore is on the start menu. But clicking on it does not open
anything.
There is little stuff in Control Panel but no Restore Selections.
Search bar does not find any Restore functions either.

Does anyone know if Restore runs in Safe Mode?

thanks

tkc

[...]

thanks- Hide quoted text -

Did a bunch of searches for restore in safe mode.
Found one that got me in System Restore in Safe mode. Turned of
Norton antivirus as instructed, went to safe mode. Went to System
Restore. After two tries it finished successfully.

Restarted computer.
Same problems as before.
Printer won't print
Vista windows e mail News groups won't allow login and pswd, keeps
asking over and over. E Mail works, Newsgroups do not.
Now I also get a new error for Norton. Auto Protect Error. Click on
error it says turn on or Configure. Select turn on and goes to
Live Update prompt. select that it runs and returns with same error.

Puzzling why Norton starts acting up after Restore.

Question:
Do computers just work for a while and then start falling apart
rapidly? All kinds of folks have a variety of different fixes
(guesses?) for the same complaint. Some are even accompanied by
filthy comments, sarcasm or general name calling with an elitist
attitude that is hard to take while getting help. Help that does not
work mostly.

Newsgroups seem to be somewhat abusive. Guess it is from the great
saviour of the internet. Being able to be------ Anonymous...

The Great Unwashed have Become the Great Unscathed!

Just my observation.

This was a replacement by HP less than a year ago for a five month old
HP unit.
Time to go to the dump me thinks and oh yes, no more HP!

Thanks to those who tried in ernest to help
and thanks to some for the Comic Relief
and good bye to the others!...!