From: "t-4-2" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: Vista Windows Mail

t-4-2

Mine is Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
What does " right click " do in your case ?
Try it this way then.
Start menu > search box, type Windows Mail > Top of the list, find Windows
Mail, right click WM.> click Send To > click Desktop
T-4-2

t-4-2

Here is another way.
If you open start menu, right click on Windows Mail, do you see " add to
quick launch " ?
If yes, click it. Exit Start menu. Look to the taskbar ( bottom ). Do you
see WM icon ?
If yes, drag it to the desktop.
t-4-2

Tom Hunt

Thanks everyone problem solved !
VistaRookie said:
It sounds like you would be able to just open
a new email from your desktop. Step-by-step...

1) Right click an empty spot on your desktop. Choose New->Shortcut.
2) When the wizard opens, type *mailto:*
Next step in the wizard, name the shortcut (I just called mine "new
email").
3) You can leave it on your desktop if you want but it might be
inconvenient
to access with IE open (or any window open). So what I did was drag the

shortcut to the Quick Launch part of the taskbar.
4) I also have a Windows Mail shortcut there, so I changed the icon to
be
able to tell them apart. Right click *new email*->properties->change
icon. A
good file to extract icons from is C:\windows\system32\SHELL32.dll. Not
a lot
of mail type icons but just something so you know what it stands for.