vista password

nesredep egrob

Changed the name of the administrator and also the password in order to get my
notebook to connect to the main computer.
AS you know when the password and name is the same and you have made sure that
the firewall is corretly set, you should not have a lot of trouble trying to
share files and folder from one computer to the other.

However I am now in bother - the notebook does not respond to the password or
for that matter the old password - so I am trying to boot from an Acronis boot
disk - That was fine but the restore, did not bring me back to the old password
or for that matter the user name - strange as both items are now exactly the
same as on thic computer - has anyone some help they can give me to put the
notebook back on stream again, PLEASE

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

VanguardLH

in message
<snip - password problems [for Windows Vista as per the subject]>

There is no "vista" in the name of this newsgroup. As per its name,
this newsgroup discusses issues with Windows XP. Repost in a
newsgroup for Windows Vista regarding problems with that operating
system.

nesredep egrob

in message
<snip - password problems [for Windows Vista as per the subject]>

There is no "vista" in the name of this newsgroup. As per its name,
this newsgroup discusses issues with Windows XP. Repost in a
newsgroup for Windows Vista regarding problems with that operating
system.

You will probably find that there are people more knowledgeable that you and
that someone might eventually come up with a solution.
That kind of negative answers get the thumb down for me - which means
blacklisted - good bye Mr. KnowNoting

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

TaurArian

G'day, try one of the Vista's newsgroups - someone there with more knowlege of Vista than
me may be able to assist in this one.

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia/Victoria

"nesredep egrob" <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40> wrote in message
| Changed the name of the administrator and also the password in order to get my
| notebook to connect to the main computer.
| AS you know when the password and name is the same and you have made sure that
| the firewall is corretly set, you should not have a lot of trouble trying to
| share files and folder from one computer to the other.
|
| However I am now in bother - the notebook does not respond to the password or
| for that matter the old password - so I am trying to boot from an Acronis boot
| disk - That was fine but the restore, did not bring me back to the old password
| or for that matter the user name - strange as both items are now exactly the
| same as on thic computer - has anyone some help they can give me to put the
| notebook back on stream again, PLEASE
|
| Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

Gordon

nesredep egrob said:
You will probably find that there are people more knowledgeable that you

but NOT about VISTA.

and that someone might eventually come up with a solution.

yes, in a VISTA group.

That kind of negative answers get the thumb down for me - which means
blacklisted - good bye Mr. KnowNoting

Typical THICK RUDE Aussie who can't accept he's WRONG.

VanguardLH

nesredep egrob said:
in message
<snip - password problems [for Windows Vista as per the subject]>

There is no "vista" in the name of this newsgroup. As per its name,
this newsgroup discusses issues with Windows XP. Repost in a
newsgroup for Windows Vista regarding problems with that operating
system.

You will probably find that there are people more knowledgeable that
you and
that someone might eventually come up with a solution.
That kind of negative answers get the thumb down for me - which
means
blacklisted - good bye Mr. KnowNoting

The kind of idiot that goes to a tire store and asks about how to
eradicate moles from his backyard.

VanguardLH

Gordon said:
but NOT about VISTA.

yes, in a VISTA group.

Typical THICK RUDE Aussie who can't accept he's WRONG.

Actually with him killfiling everyone, he does us a favor.
Interesting how he thinks his post actually provides the help he
claims that non-Vista experts should be providing in a Windows XP
newsgroup.

Learner

As an Aussie who is reading this (and I don't apologise for "egrob" and I
think his remarks are inflammatory) but your "typical" remark doesn't go
down well either!

bojimbo26one

Funnily enough , *egrob* helps out here , and just because he`s trying
to get help on Vista , everbody *bites back * .

TaurArian

<"Typical THICK RUDE Aussie who can't accept he's WRONG">

Such a remark would assume that you regard all Australian's this way.
You have offended me and others from Australia.

--
====================================

TaurArian said:
G'day, try one of the Vista's newsgroups - someone there with more
knowlege of Vista than
me may be able to assist in this one.

And you've read the rude reply that the Op posted in response to Vanguard's
suggestion that that is what he should do?

TaurArian

Gordon, I have read all the responses. Rather than limiting your remarks to the issue and
egrob's comments, you have chosen instead to make the comment that all Australians are
rude and thick. My issue is with your comment about all Aussies.

This is a newsgroup to either assist people or to direct them to where they can be
assisted. There is no need for rudeness from either the OP or the Responder.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

| | > G'day, try one of the Vista's newsgroups - someone there with more
| > knowlege of Vista than
| > me may be able to assist in this one.
| >

| And you've read the rude reply that the Op posted in response to Vanguard's
| suggestion that that is what he should do?

M.I.5¾

VanguardLH said:
in message
<snip - password problems [for Windows Vista as per the subject]>

There is no "vista" in the name of this newsgroup. As per its name, this
newsgroup discusses issues with Windows XP. Repost in a newsgroup for
Windows Vista regarding problems with that operating system.

You might like to bear in mind that not every server provides access to the
Vista groups. Thus the OP may not believe such things exist and that this
is as close as the OP can get.

Ken Blake, MVP

<"Typical THICK RUDE Aussie who can't accept he's WRONG">

Such a remark would assume that you regard all Australian's this way.
You have offended me and others from Australia.

I'm with you entirely. He's also offended me, and other who are *not*
from Australia. An offensive message is offensive to everyone.

Gordon

Ken Blake said:
I'm with you entirely. He's also offended me, and other who are *not*
from Australia. An offensive message is offensive to everyone.

And I've posted a retraction.
however, that does NOT mean that the remark does NOT apply to the poster it
was meant for...

nesredep egrob

but NOT about VISTA.

yes, in a VISTA group.

Typical THICK RUDE Aussie who can't accept he's WRONG.

Cool down a bit will you. I was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, working in Co
Durham, England thirty odd years and 10 years in Australia and then retired here
- so you see I know nothing - you will find that I generally sit about doing
nothing but occasionally help both here and in W2K group.
Normally I do not get terribly offensive but we do not have a vista group here
on iinet so as I have seen other people posting vista questions - I saw little
harm.
Now chill out

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia

David Webb

Simply setup your newsreader and connect to the msnews.microsoft.com news server
to access any Microsoft newsgroup directly.

It's free, public and no password is required....and it's available worldwide.

TaurArian

As you see Gordon, the OP was not born in Australia just retired in Australia!

So your remark was totally "off the mark".

TaurArian

Just to add if interested -

To access newsgroups using Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx

--
====================================

VanguardLH said:
in message
<snip - password problems [for Windows Vista as per the subject]>

There is no "vista" in the name of this newsgroup. As per its name, this
newsgroup discusses issues with Windows XP. Repost in a newsgroup for
Windows Vista regarding problems with that operating system.

You might like to bear in mind that not every server provides access to the
Vista groups. Thus the OP may not believe such things exist and that this
is as close as the OP can get.

My thanks to all who contributed positively. We in Denmark were brought up to
think well of people who help. As for the others, we are generally tought to
ignore them - sorry that I forgot my upbringing and manners. People can get
irrated when the item just purchased does not work correctly.

I do not wish to further irritate people but just to let you know that I sorted
the trouble 10 minutes after posting the original request :)
Obviously I shall keep that quiet until I see some other poor devil been torn to
bits.

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia