Vista OR IE REALLY slow, PLEASE Help!!!!

Chandler

Good morning everyone,

I am knew to the newsgroups so I'll start by saying hello to everyone. I
hope someone can be of some assistance to me.
I have a brand new laptop that I purchased this past Saturday and every
time I pull up Internet Explorer to go to any website it takes FOREVER to
pull up the page that I am trying to view! It doesn't matter if I open more
tabs for different pages or if it is the one and only page opened. I am
using Windows Vista on my laptop if that has anything to do with it or not.
Can anyone tell me WHY I am having these slow operating issues?!!? Can
anyone tell me HOW to address this issue and possibly how to fix it?!!?
I am using Internet Explorer on the settings that were there when I first
turned the laptop on and my security settings are set to one step above the
lowest so it is not that.
Thank you,

Chandler~
DCJS# 99-194217

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Amendment II, US Constitution

"The ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, should be a store and not a
federal agency!"

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Sounds like it could be a DNS issue or your ISP is having some problems with
their network. You could try resetting your Internet Explorer Settings to
see if it will resolve the problem. In IE, click Tools > Options > Advanced
(tab) > under 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' > click 'Reset'.

Andy C.(never #)

[...]

I got an HP laptop for Father's day and I have to tell you I was
surprised at how sluggish vista was even after I disabled all the whiz
bang, gee whiz video fluff. But after applying updates and patches,
etc. it got better. I can now use it as alternative to play WoW and I
don't really feel any difference compared to my XP machine. So, I
would suggest spending some time downloading everything you can from M
$ that has "performance" in the description and see if that does
anything for you.

Hope this helps.

Later,

Andy C.(never #)

P.S. I agree. When the shyte goes down, the police are not going to be
at your house protecting you. They will be at their own houses,
protecting their own.

Chandler

I am using high speed cable and I have re-set IE settings and all of that
and I have checked with my ISP and it isn't them. My last computer worked
fine as far as that is concerned so its something with my IE or Vista I just
cant figure out why its taking so long to load each and every page.
dzomlija said:
;534355']Sounds like it could be a DNS issue or your ISP is having some
--
Andre
Blog: 'Teching It Easy: Windows Vista'

Chandler, you have neglected to tell us what type of connection you are
using? Are you on Dial-up, ADSL or Wireless?

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600 PCI-Express
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/Dzomlija/Venus/

My Weblog:
'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)

gls858

dzomlija said:
[...]

Sometimes the phishing filter can cause this. I think it's turned on by
default in IE7. What it does is check each website with an online
database before bringing it up. It can slow things down significantly.
Look under Tools > Phishing Filter to check the setting.

gls858

Felmon Davis

and u can fix your problem

grammatical question: if one starts with 'u' is it correct to continue
with 'your' or mustn't one also use 'ur'?

Felmon

NoStop

Chandler said:
I am using high speed cable and I have re-set IE settings and all of that
and I have checked with my ISP and it isn't them. My last computer worked
fine as far as that is concerned so its something with my IE or Vista I
just cant figure out why its taking so long to load each and every page.

There are only so many clock cycles available in a computer. If a spambot is
busy using most of them, your poor IE is going to be slow. Try running an
operating system that has at least some basic security. You will then
realize how fast your computer can really run.

Cheers.

--
Remove Vista Activation Completely ...
http://tinyurl.com/2w8qqo

Frank - seek help immediately! Visit ...
http://www.binsa.org/

PvdG42

Chandler said:
[...]

To put things in perspective, what are the hardware specs of the laptop and
what kind of connection to the internet are you using?

Big Bad

As stated in the previous post, delete all unnecessary programs - get good
advice on this if you don't know what to delete.

If you have less than 2gb of RAM, Vista will run slowly or freeze - IE7 will
just bog down and stop (dual core systems will probably need two modules of
1gb each of RAM) - check with the manufacturer or read the instruction
booklet for appropriate memory model types. Don't over do it 2gb is enough
and anymore might be useless on your system. Also, if you are using a
router, ensure the router is configured correctly - contact the
manufacturers for advice.

I had the same symptoms you have - the 2gb RAM fixed the problem right away.
Vista is now working fine for me.

Big bad

Not Me

When IE7 is really slow, it is usually due to either an incompatible add-on
or the phishing filter.
In advanced settings, try turning the phishing filter off.
If that doesn't fix it, look at the addons and disable any that are not
necessary.