VISTA NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY NEW LG PHONE MUSIC KIT

G

I have vista and you need to have XP for the music kit that goes with my LG
cell phone to be able to download software and put music on my phones MP3
player. I was wondering if anyone out there has had this problem and can help
me figure out and maybe know what to do?

M

Mr. Arnold

Telstar said:
This is a terrific idea: Why is it restricted to so few Windows XP and
Vista versions?

I don't know. You'll have to ask MS.

But, PC 2007 seems to be able to run on Vista Home Basic and Premium, as I
have seen post from people claiming that's what they are doing. There are
only two XP versions that I know about Home and Pro. I am pretty sure
Virtual PC can run on XP Pro, but I am not sure about Home.

B

Brandsxb

I spent a long time on the phone with Verizon and LG concerning the incompatibility of V Cast and the Vista operating system. It turns out that LG (who makes your phone) creates the device driver that is critical for connecting with the Vista operating system. All device companies I have dealt with update their drivers so they are compatible with new Microsoft operating systems. LG does not feel the need to come out with a new device driver or make a modification to their old device driver. Verizon should be all over LG to get them to do this or offer to pay for the upgrade to the device driver. I wonder if LG has offered the source code to Verizon so they can do this or are they holding it back. Who knows what is going on with LG and Verizon, all I know is that new PCs come with Vista and not XP. So Verizon is losing a great number of customers as word of this mess gets out.

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question