Windows Vista Vista has speech recognition hole error

Reaction score
Microsoft has admitted that speech recognition features in Vista could
be hijacked so that a PC tells itself to delete files or folders.

Vista can respond to vocal commands and concern has been raised about
malicious audio on websites or sent via e-mail. In one scenario outlined by users an MP3 file of voice instructions was used to tell the PC to delete documents.

More HERE

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Thats a horrible thought :eek: :(
LoL ... not really.

Speech recognition can do anything you can do from a keyboard ... as long as you keep repeating yourself. ;)

Any speech recognition can do the same thing, try it with any of them and you can delete doc's & empty the bin ... and the point is ?

ah, an MP3 file can do the same ... yeah, right, and do we take into account the min of 20 mins training the speech recognition needs to understand the MP3 voice ?? oh, and don't forget off turn off UAC first. :thumb:

If you are dumb enough to run the MP3, through your Mic, then, you ARE dumb. :D

Take a look ... especially when he says "delete that" ... and your point is again ?

:wave:

Reaction score
Well you say that Mucks...

How long is it before someone comes running here saying about talking mp3's doing crazy stuff..

;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Well you say that Mucks...

How long is it before someone comes running here saying about talking mp3's doing crazy stuff..

;)
Dunno, but you will have to make sure everything is in order before any "sounds" will take over & delete important files.

Even typing in basic commands to delete the whole contents of the HD will fail at the first hurdle ... Del C:\*.* ... try it, even XP will refuse to do it. :thumb:

Bad news about MS's OS is always good news to the News Media ... sorry, but they just show me how ignorant they are. ;)

:user:

Ask a Question