Windows Vista Vista advice required.

Reaction score
OK i've been helping a family friend get used to their new Laptop with Vista Home on it.
And a few questions to ask as i know nothing about Vista!:blush:

Does Vista have a built in firewall or does it need an add on like ZoneAlarm?
Any easy to understand websites on learning more about Vista (apart from Microsoft)?
Does Windows Media player within Vista have anything different then when using it with XP?

Cheers in advance folks.:thumb:

Reaction score
its has a built in firewall this is a 2 way traffic unlike xps built in firewall that is only when way.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Vista's firewall is as much use as XP's firewall and a wet paper bag ... both have in & out going protection, IF, you know how to turn it on and maintain it.

ZoneAlarm free is no better ... IMHO ;)

Any decent Router will have a NAT firewall, so you could be OK with MS's or one of the freebies ... :thumb:

WM ain't changed that much since time began, you pop a CD in and wait ... a box will popup, even if it was a blank CD/DVD. :D

Windows' is own Help and Support is pretty damn good ... with Vista, just type anything you like in the Start Globe Search bar ... it'll hold your hand. ;)

:user:

Ask a Question