Visible and Link Syntax

G

Hi Group: This one has me banging my head all day and I really really tried. I had a pop-up form (Notes) that was linked to a subform (ChemLocation) on my main form (Inventory). When I discovered the visible/not visible routine, I wanted to do away with the pop-up form (Notes). When Notes was a pop-up form, the only way to link it to subform ChemLocation was with the following code on click of the Notes button on the Inventory form

DoCmd.OpenForm "Notes", , , "[IDBarCodeData] = " & Me.[IDBarCodeData

Now that I have made this pop-up into an invisible subform on the main Inventory form, I installed the following code

Forms!ChemicalInventory.Notes.Visible = Tru

I still need to link the key fields “IDBarCodeData†after the “Notes†subform goes visible. In other words, I need to get rid of the DoCmd.OpenForm part of the expression and somehow marry it with the visible = true expression. I don’t know the syntax and can’t find it but what I wants looks sort of like this without the DoCmd because I do not want two instances of the same form, a pop-up and a visible form

Forms!ChemicalInventory.Notes.Visible = Tru
DoCmd.OpenForm "Notes", , , "[IDBarCodeData] = " & Me.[IDBarCodeData

I tried the Link Child/Master wizard but it doesn’t work for a subform referencing another subform on a main form. I saw some postings about entering the full string in the link statement but I don’t know if this is sql or vb and even if I did, I wouldn’t know where to put it. The above vb code worked great for the pop-up and should work for the visible method if I could only figure out the right syntax. Help! Thanks

Ask a Question