Virus Detected Cannot get rid of!

D

David H. Lipman

|
| If you haven't paid anything for the AV software then it is time to get a one by payibg
| for it. How about Symantec? If you can't afford it then download a pirated one. The old
| versions do not require activation and you cn still get updates automatically. I am using
| Systems Works 2002 andit works fine on my XP Pro system.
|
| Free software are a waste of time. We always say that there is nothing called "FREE
| LUNCH" these days. When you take a blonde woman out, you expect her to try your big bed
| with you! I have always been fond of American women but they are very few of the in
| London!
|
| Fat Kev
|

Please discuss a topic you have knowledge on !

Avast, AVG and AntiVir are better than nothing and are certainly not bloated like Symantec
software.

*Never* tell someone to obtain pirated software - ever. It is un-ethical to say the least
and dangerous to the end user. I have run into a few people who obtained Symantev AV
software from warez and they were all found to have embedded Downloader Trojans !

AVG is a good start. There are better AV software (Kaspersky, NOD32, CA eTrust etc.). It
all depends on how the software is configured and used. The most important tool isn't any
software package anyway. It is the person at the keyboard and one must practice Safe Hex.
Even with the best AV software there is *always* the risk at being infected with an infector
that has no signatures for it yet.

It's amazing how often I see posts from Norton AV users are surprised to find the software
didn't catch an infector.

Ask a Question