video transfer

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what cable I need to connect my VCR to my computer to edit videos and transfer to DVD. Have got all software required, on a HP Media Center computer. VCR machine has got 2 audio outputs, scart, and rf. Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum shelley.

Firstly you will need a TV/Graphics card with Audio and Video inputs/outputs.

There is a massive choice to choose from I personally Have a Pinnacle card. Simple and easy to operate. However all my editing is done digitally via a Digicamcorder so I no longer use it.

Be aware though that because you are editing via VHS you will first have to record the footage to the hard drive first, this can take a while depending on the lengh of the tape. Also the quality depnds on the quality put onto the Hard drive so dont be disturbed if it aint crystal clear when u play it back due to degradation of the tape this can happen. Below is a link I hope it helps you out a little. GL

http://www.vnunet.com/articles/print/2013867

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Assuming you have some capture hardware (VIVO card or TV card) best bet is a Scart plug to one phono/RCA plug (video) and a 3.5mm stereo jack plug for your audio device.

Alternatively, you can get a Scart converter plug that plugs into your Scart socket and has three x phono/RCA sockets on the back of it. From this you can use a phono to phono plug lead for video and a two x phono to 3.5mm stereo jack plug lead for audio to make the connection.

The second method is the most common and the most readily available.

Ask a Question