video clips

G

I’m trying to add a video clip to my website. I can get it into “new page’ and it will play if I click “preview.†However, when I try to save it in “save embedded files†I get the following message.
An error occurred accessing your front Page web files. Authors, if authoring against a webserver, please contact the webmaster for this servers site. Webmasters, please see the servers system log for more details
I have MS FP 2000 & MS, XP, O
What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Import the clip into your open FP web first, before inserting or linking to it.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

LewisB said:
I'm trying to add a video clip to my website. I can get it into "new page' and it will play if I
click "preview." However, when I try to save it in "save embedded files" I get the following
message.
An error occurred accessing your front Page web files. Authors, if authoring against a webserver,
please contact the webmaster for this servers site. Webmasters, please see the servers system log
for more details.

G

when I try to import it I get this same message..An error occurred accessing your front Page web files. Authors, if authoring against a webserver
please contact the webmaster for this servers site. Webmasters, please see the servers system log..

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Some (unknown) recent Windows or IE patch has started causing FP users problems w/ Importing or Publishing files over 1MB
If it's a local server use Windows Explorer to copy the File
If it's an online server try FTPing it to the correct location on the site (or creating a subweb just for large media files)
- in each case Open the Site afterwards in FP and run Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks

--

| when I try to import it I get this same message..An error occurred accessing your front Page web files. Authors, if authoring
against a webserver,
| please contact the webmaster for this servers site. Webmasters, please see the servers system log...
|

G

You can insert a video into a FrontPage Web using the Windows Media ActiveX Control. When you use the Windows Media ActiveX Control, the Play, Pause, and Stop buttons are also included for controlling the inserted video.

To use the Windows Media Player ActiveX Control in a FrontPage Web, follow these steps:
In FrontPage, open a Web.
Import a media file into your Web. To do this, follow these steps:
On the File menu, click Import.
In the Import dialog box, click Add File.
In the Add File to Import List dialog box, select the media file you want to use and then click Open.
Click OK to import the file.
Insert the Windows Media Player ActiveX Control. To do this, click on the Web page where you want to place your video, and do one of the following:
• In Microsoft FrontPage 2002:
On the Insert menu, click Web Component.

The Insert Web Component dialog box appears.
In the Component type list, click Advanced Controls.
In the Choose a control list, click ActiveX Control.
Click Next.
In the Choose a control list, select Windows Media Player, and click Finish.
• In Microsoft FrontPage 2000:
On the Insert menu, point to Advanced and click ActiveX Control.
In the Insert ActiveX Control dialog box, click to select Windows Media Player.
Click OK.
Right-click the Windows Media Player and click ActiveX Control Properties on the menu that appears.
Click the Parameters tab. In the Attribute list, select Filename, and then click Modify.
Under Value, click to select Data, type the file name (or the URL) for the media file (for example, type filename.mpe or http://localhost/filename.avi), and click OK.

NOTE: Do not change the Filename box. The contents of the Filename box should remain as Filename.
Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
NOTE: You can also insert a video on a Web page by pointing to Picture on the Insert menu, and then clicking Video. In the Video dialog box, select the media file, and then click Open. This method adds the media file as a dynamic source that does not include the Windows Media Controls (the Play, Pause, and Stop buttons) for controlling the video.
REFERENCES
For more information about Windows Media Player, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/default.asp

Ask a Question