VBA to Save Email and set Custom Properties

Reaction score
I had a script that was working where from Outlook I saved my selected emails to a folder on my computer and then set some custom properties on the saved file (Comments, Author, Subject and Keywords to be exact).
The script used the dsoFile.dll.

I had to move to a new computer that is now Windows10, 64 bit, with Office 365 on it. My script no longer works.
Is there any way to accomplish this without using the dsoFile.dll?
The saving part still works, but I'd really like some way to set the custom properties as well.

I've saved the dsoFile.dll on my system and have also downloaded and unzipped the 64 bit version.
When I try registering either one on new system it fails (Module was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005)

Here is the gist of the code that is no longer working...If I try running as is the code fails at the first line, ActiveX Component can't create object.

Set objFile = CreateObject("DSOFile.OleDocumentProperties")
objFile.Open (sPath & sName)

objFile.SummaryProperties.Subject = sSubject
objFile.SummaryProperties.Author = sSenderName
objFile.SummaryProperties.Comments = sCom
objFile.SummaryProperties.Keywords = sKey
objFile.Save

Thanks for any suggestions and please try to be detailed as possible as I don't work with VBA all that often!

Ask a Question