VBA projects!! Aaaargh!

MattShoreson

Does anyone know why the following happens?

I'm using excel XP/2002, Office SP3.

I open an instance of excel and the vba editor so I can see both.
I open and excel file that contains code.

The VBA project appears in the editor.

I close the excel workbook.

The VBA project still shows the VBA Project.

Why doesn't the VBA Project automatically unload?

TIA,
MAtt.

Are you using Google Desktop? I saw someone post a few days ago something
about that being the cause.

I found this registry change in an earlier post:

(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Office.Desktop.Google.com\LoadBehaivor=2)

P.S. Note the possible misspelling of LoadBehavior in that registry entry. I
don't know if it is misspelled in the example or that is how it is really
spelled in the registry. I don't have Google Desktop on this machine.

MattShoreson

Higly likely.

I've noticed that it only holds the reference to the last file opened.

So if I open book2, then book3 and then close all books, the onl
reference held is book3

Tim Hannon

Matt,

I just read your post about Excel XP SP3 not unloading the VA Projects
when you close a workbook. I am experiencing the same problem. Did you
find a Solution?

Tim Hannon

MattShoreson

Tim,

Sorry to say - nope.
There's not much around on this one and no-one has given a decent
answer/possible direction in avoiding.

NickHK

Matt,
From your description of only affecting the last WB, do you have some addin
interacting with the ActiveWorkbook ?
And I assume you don't have Google Desktop installed ?

NickHK

"MattShoreson" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

MattShoreson

From your description of only affecting the last WB, do you have som
addin
interacting with the ActiveWorkbook ?

Addins dont cause this problem I'm afraid. Removing all addins
opening the editor and repeating open a wkbk, open a second, close th
first, close the second. The vba project from wkbk2 is still evident.

The only way of avoiding the situation above is to NOT open the VBE
then no projects show as being loaded after performing the above.

And I assume you don't have Google Desktop installed ?

Nope

djm743

I had this problem and discovered it was because the Excel process was still running even after closing Excel.

I think this was somehow related to testing I'd been doing in VBA which had caused errors.

Anyway, it was easy enough to fix: Close Excel. Open the Task Manager in Windows, and End all the Excel processes still running.

Then when you fire it up again, the problem will be solved and closing a file will unload the projects.