VBA, Code Completion Feature Partially Broken

Bob.Orta

Access 2003 (11.8204.8221), SP3

A coworker and I are experiencing strange behavior when writing VBA.
First, intellitype has is having problems when it should do its
thing. Second, it the cursor will jump back a character while
typing. For example, while typing me.somecontrol.visible = false, the
cursor will jump behind the 'f' so you would type 'aflse' instead of
'false' even though you typed the 'false' correctly. Also, when
typing a space bar after 'visible', the '=' backs up to end up
adjacent to the 'e' in visible - we have to press the spacebar several
times before the space stays. This is only one example of strange
behavior while coding - it does not happen solely when addressing a
control on a form/report. Sometimes, the code cannot ‘find’ a control
on a form when typing me.thecontrolname, when in fact the control
exists with the matching name on the form. For some other coding
actions, all works well. Any help with this matter will be
appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Bob

Douglas J. Steele

By any chance do you have a timer running on any forms? If so, ensure it's
not running while you're trying to type. as it will cause symptoms such as
you're describing.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP

(no private e-mails, please)

[...]

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Thank you, the idea you had was in fact causing the problem.

Regards,
Bob