VBA and Office Question

HISUser

We current use Office XP and have no immediate plans to migrate to a more
current version of Office.

We have Word and Excel documents that use a lot of VBA code.

Will VBA code be supported in Office 2007? Will VBA code be supported in
later versions of Office? Does Microsoft have a project lifecycle that
states how long VBA code will be supported?

Is VSTO the VBA replacement? Will VSTO work in Office XP? To go from VBA
to VSTO will we have to rewrite all of the VBA code (similar to the extensive
rewriting required for VB6 to DotNet)?

Thanks

Charles Williams

VBA is supported in Office 2007.

The official public Bill Gates statement on how long VBA will be supported
in Office is "forever"

VSTO is not the VBA replacemen, its targeted at .NET programmers who want to
access Office objects.

To use VSTO you have to convert all your VBA code to .NET

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

HISUser

Will the VBA code in Office XP work "as is" in Office 2007 or should we
expect to have to make programming changes?

Thanks.

Jim Cone

Charles,
Re: " The official public Bill Gates statement on how long VBA will be supported
in Office is "forever" "

I wonder if Bill ever tried to modify the Office 2007 Ribbon using VBA?
Or maybe he was just practicing up for a run for public office? <g>
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Charles Williams"
wrote in message
VBA is supported in Office 2007.
The official public Bill Gates statement on how long VBA will be supported
in Office is "forever"
VSTO is not the VBA replacemen, its targeted at .NET programmers who want to
access Office objects.
To use VSTO you have to convert all your VBA code to .NET
Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"HISUser"

Bob Phillips

You might need to make some changes, you will just have to test it. Some
people get away with very few, some need more changes.