vb.net startup

Brian Fulford

This is my first shot at a Winforms application in dot net. This application
is mainly going to run unattended but is using a form to display current
activity of the background processing. In VB6, I could set the startup to be
Sub Main and then call frmMain.Show and the program would continue
processing; however, after instantiating the from in VB.Net - dim frmMain as
new frmMain, frmMain.show shows the form then closes the form to continue
processing - which is counter to my purposes... so I tried
Application.Run(frmMain). This stops program execution until the used does
something.

SO... any help with that? Also, I looked to see if there was a
frmMain_loaded event to call a public sub but I did not see any event that
is fired after the form is loaded and shown.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Brian

Peter Huang

Hi Brian,

I reviewed the thread and find that there is a similar issue in the
newsgroup below.Now our colleague has replied to you, you may go and take a
look.
Subject: vb.net startup/form load
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Best regards,