Windows XP Using Panasonic min-DV to video chat

Reaction score
I want to use my Panasonic mini-DVcamera to video chat using AIM IM services. I am usinf Dell laptop (Inspiron E1505) with Windows XP. Any advice on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jerry

Reaction score
Can the Panasonic mini-DVcamera act as a webcam? ...go to My Computer and see if the camera is available (it'll display as an icon in the window) and double click it, see if it opens a live video feed; if it does then you can use it as any other webcam (unfortunately I do not use AIM, thus I cannot advise on this {perhaps someone who does use AIM could advise?}) ... if it doesn't, then that generally means it cannot be used as a webcam.

Edit: I would have provided a link to the AIM website that may explain how to use a webcam for video chatting but the website apparently doesn't want to load. You will have to do a quick Google search ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question