Using macros stored in .XLAM add-on via custom RibbonUI control

Reaction score
Being sick and tired of the new 2007 ribbon, and not entirely stupid to pay money for untilities that merely reproduce the standard 2003 toolbar in a non-customizable form, I set off to create a ribbon of my liking for Excel 2007.

This I did, using RibbonCustomizer to rearrange everything the way I liked, then pasted the resulting xml code into MSO2007 Custom UI Editor and saved it into an .XLAM file.

Aside from the ribbon, I have two macros there for invoking functions not readily available in the .XLAM's module:

Option Explicit

Sub FilterByCurrentSelection()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.Range(ActiveCell.Address).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=ActiveCell.Value
End Sub

Sub CenterAcrossSelection()
On Error Resume Next
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
End With
End Sub

They run fine if saved in a workbook. But when I, having loaded the XLAM add-on, click on the corresponding RibbonUI buttons, the macros don't run with the error "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment".
This happens even if I comment out all the code and put something harmless there, like msgbox "test".

The onaction statements in xml look valid to me (though I am, indeed, a layman):

<button id="Custombutton726353990" onAction="CenterAcrossSelection" imageMso="AsianLayoutFitText" showLabel="false" label="Center Across Selection" />

<button id="Custombutton889990873" onAction="FilterByCurrentSelection" imageMso="FilterBySelection" showLabel="false" label="Filter by current selection" />

Now the million-dollar question:
How do I make the macros run via the RibbonUI custom buttons?

PS BTW had no such problems with MS Word 2007 and its .DOTM</FONT>

Reaction score
So as not to make people guess, here's the XLAM file attached in case one has to take a look at it.
The reference screenshot which identifies the buttons used for invoking subs are shown here:
40a3d6e0223a.jpg

Attachments

• Versatile Ribbon 2.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Reaction score
Found answer elswhere, just needed to add "(control As IRibbonControl)" to subs' name in the module.

Ask a Question