    make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
    point I can reverse the changes?

    Thanks!

    Joseph L. Casale, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Joseph L. Casale

    Chad Harris Guest

    If this translates that you want to use cmd, the dos emulator in Vista, you
    can right click it's symbol in System32 or at the start menu if you show it
    asd run as elevated.

    Or you can do what thousands and thousands of people will begin to do come
    November and turn off the moronically deployed UAC at msconf>tools. They
    brought it on themselves. They refused to deploy UAC with any modicum of
    common sense and they have even draw a law suit lol although orthopedically
    based on it.

    CH

    Chad Harris, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Joseph L. Casale

    Chad Harris Guest

    I meant to add that it can be turned off msconfig>Tools (scrool to bottom)
    and can be regedited off as well.

    Chad Harris, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Joseph L. Casale

    Beck Guest

    "Joseph L. Casale" <> wrote in message
    >I have a command line update that needs to be applied to an application. It
    > uses pkzip to uncompress files, and all the privalge restricions in Vista
    > make it fail. What do I need to turn off to make Vista like XP at which
    > point I can reverse the changes?

    You could try right clicking the application, go to properties then have a
    fiddle with the compatibility settings.

    Beck, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Joseph L. Casale

    Rick Rogers Guest

    Hi Joseph,

    Right click the command prompt, use "run as administrator" rather than just
    opening it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick Rogers, Sep 12, 2006
  6. "Rick Rogers" <> wrote in

    > Hi Joseph,
    >
    > Right click the command prompt, use "run as administrator" rather than
    > just opening it.

    You ROCK!!!!

    Thanks guys,
    jlc