User Account Control on Lenovo T510

Reaction score
Hello.

I just got my "new" but old pc today. This has been my working pc for 3 years and now it had a totally new setup.

I am the only user on this computer but it says I am standard user. When I check this I have same permission as Admin has, which is also me as this is my personal pc.

When trying to setup things I get an error but not an error messages. When this info comes: Do you want to allow following program to make changes to this computer. And now you have YES and NO but or at least you should have. I´ve only got NO. I have tried to reboot but nothing, and either the pc want fingerscan or an admin password so this is not working for me.

I have looked over the internet and many looked at many suggestions but it seems many dont understand this problem and suggest things that only allow admin changes.

As I said, I only get to choice NO and need to get my rights on the machine.
Is there anyone here that first of all understands me as I sometimes have grammar issues and second that can help me with this problem.

I play one game, Football manager and cant even install it because of admin problems.

Br,
Julius.

Reaction score
Nobody that has had same problem and found solution? Looked all over and nobody has an answer when YES button is not active. Like I am the first person in the world to have this kind of a problem :(

Reaction score
Will just put in a short reminder and hopefully someone has an answer. Other wise I have to send it to our IT department for a fix.

Reaction score
Hi Taffycat.

Tried all the thing suggested on that link :(.
F8,F12 and blue think button send me to fingerprint scan and I am not using that so I go to admin and password on a black screen with a lock in the upper left corner. Cant use it as I dont have an admin password.
So I cant reboot like all the solutions points to so it is going to the workshop today and getting it back tomorrow, in better shape I hope :)

thanks for the info :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that the links didn't work Julius. :( Hope the workshop will have you up-and-running again very speedily.

Good luck :)

Ask a Question