USB Device Unknown - ASUS P4S800 MB

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I found out that none of the devices I had plugged in through USB ports were working. I had those devices plugged in for some time now (more than a year) and they had been working fine until yesterday.
I went to the Device Manager and found out that, on the USB tab, all teh devices were listed as DEVICE UNKNOWN.
I unplugged each one of then and then plugged in and still the result was the same. I message on the lower right orner of the screen popped up and say that the device connected to the USB port was unknown. I went on to try different things such as removing all the "UNKNOWN DEVICES" on the USB tab of the Device Manager and rebooting the computer but each time I plugged a device (ie pen drive, webcam, external HDD, modem, printer) I got the same message.

My motherboard is an ASUS P4S800 and the USB ports are built-in.

Please, can anyone help me. I'm really out of ideas.

Please help. Thanks so much.

BS

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll let you know what I did to fix this problem: I unplugged the electric cable from the PC, waited a while and then reconnected it and boot the computer. All those "unknown devices" were identified. Problem solved. If anyone out there has the same problem, before embarking on such drastic measures as formating the disk, I recomend my solution.

Cheers,
BS

Ask a Question